Senior Stock Administrator
Company: ThredUp Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
thredUP is the world's largest fashion resale platform,
inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company
has spent the past 10 years reinventing resale, building a
marketplace and infrastructure now poised to power the $50B resale
economy and usher in a more sustainable fashion future. Millions of
consumers use thredUP as the easiest way to sell their clothes and
shop over 35,000 brands at up to 90% off - online, in stores or via
"try-before-you-buy" Goody Boxes. Backed by world-class investors,
thredUP designed a resale engine that has redistributed nearly 100
million unique garments from closets across America and is now
powering resale for the broader fashion industry via its
Resale-As-A-Service (RAAS) platform. About the role... The Stock
Administrator will work in close partnership with our Human
Resources, Accounting and Legal teams to assist in scaling and
refining the thredUP stock administration function as the Company
continues to grow. This position is based in our headquarters in
Oakland, and will report to the General Counsel.-- The ideal
candidate will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end
administration of the Company's equity plan(s). You will support
and collaborate with internal business partners, answer employee
questions regarding equity grants, assist in the management of the
stockholder ledger, manage communications, and assist with employee
education and training regarding the company's equity plans
- Utilize your stock administration expertise to administer the
company's equity programs for all employees in the U.S. and
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and refresh
grants including general guidelines on taxation.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration
function, including but not limited to enhancing existing manual
processes, automating processes and helping to evaluate service
- Lead efforts to automate routine work streams and manual
processes to enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of
equity award data.
- Maintain company's equity data using Carta Equity Management,
reconcile new hire grants and terminations to payroll records,
maintain and reconcile employee database.
- Process employee exercises, coordinate with transfer agent
(Carta) and accounting to ensure accuracy and timely flow of
exercise funds including tax withholding.
- Support accounting for stock based compensation by providing
equity information and making necessary updates to Carta
- Calculate equity related employee compensation including
regular income and gains from ISO, Non-Qualified and RSU
- Coordinate with Broker and payroll to ensure proper withholding
of tax from equity proceeds.
- Manage , communicate and roll out new equity programs including
ESPP, RSUs, Annual refresh grants, Tender offer transactions as
- Prepare internal reporting including equity grant status for
executives, HR and Compensation Committee.
- Work closely with the company's internal and external Legal
counsel, in addition to Finance, Payroll/Accounting, People and
other teams, as necessary.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related work
- Experience working with Carta Equity Management preferred
- A background in legal operations and/or paralegal experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification is strongly
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience working for late
stage private companies and public companies.
- Self-motivated , reliable, flexible, deadline-oriented, high
employee service orientation, have a keen attention to detail, and
are able to complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion,
independently with minimal supervision.
- An effective communicator using any medium with a variety of
levels of internal employees, business partners, external vendors,
- A compliance and process-oriented individual who is also
flexible and can excel in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in a very open and
transparent environment. What We Offer: - The opportunity to make a
massive impact & influence outcomes for our business and customers
alongside passionate coworkers - Autonomy. The ability to make,
own, and carry out decisions - Competitive salary, equity and full
benefits (health/dental/vision insurance & 401k) - Work from
anywhere most Tuesdays and Thursdays (what we call Maker Days) -
Catered lunch on Wednesdays, cold brew coffee and beer on tap -
Flexible PTO At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending
the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our
inventory, we believe diversity is key. As a diverse and inclusive
workplace, we are committed to ensuring our employees are
comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A
unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and
inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Everyone is
welcome - be you.
Keywords: ThredUp Inc., Oakland , Senior Stock Administrator, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!