Financial Operations Specialist, AR
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Everlaw is looking for a Financial Operations Specialist to join
our rapidly growing Finance team. As a member of Financial
Operations, you'll be responsible for processing Everlaw's account
receivables. You'll participate in month-end close, look for
opportunities to make the order to cash process more efficient, and
support other finance initiatives. Reporting to our Controller,
you'll have a great opportunity to own Everlaw's internal
Collections process, showcase your problem-solving abilities, and
amaze everyone with your attention to detail while supporting
Everlaw's meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and
helping our users discover it.-- At Everlaw, our mission is to
promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open
and democratic, and we're committed to the professional growth of
our team members, offering an annual learning and development
stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals.
If you're looking for a place that values passion, integrity,
thinking big, and a desire to learn, we'd love to hear from you!
Think you're missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply?
We do not believe in the 'perfect' candidate and encourage you to
apply if you feel you can bring value to our team. This is a full
time on-site position located in Oakland, California. In the first
few months, you will
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and
transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Handle all billing inquiries and invoice questions/issues
through appropriate communication channels.
- Collect on outstanding invoices and help resolve bad debt.
- Update figures related to AR Aging for management.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will
integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our
policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll
bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we
don't expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to
develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects
of Everlaw. In the first year, you will
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to make improvements and
streamline the existing Collections process.
- Coordinate with Sales and Account Executives, validating data
integrity within our CRM system and contracts.
- Become a subject matter expert on revenue recognition and how
it relates to the AR sub-ledger.
- Generate monthly billing statements along with reconciling the
final sales at the end of each month.
- Assist in verifying accuracy of billings by reconciling against
executed contracts on a monthly basis.
- Support Finance with AdHoc requests, such as assisting with
external auditors or any system implementations. About you
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or
equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 3 years of progressive accounts receivable
- You have basic knowledge of US GAAP.
- You are accurate and timely when it comes to accounting data
entry, paying close attention to detail.
- You are a clear and friendly communicator, confident providing
customer service to colleagues and external vendors. You enjoy
collaborating with your teammates to accomplish goals.
- You flourish working in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing
and completing tasks to meet tight deadlines (ie. month end close).
- You have international experience working for a U.S.
- You have experience working in a large ERP (SAP, Oracle,
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note
that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any
- Substantial equity
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and
applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and
dozens of restaurants
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize
your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events We help law
firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions
of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find
the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your
metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by
service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge
technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing
very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with
all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of
the most high-profile cases litigated today.-- If you're looking
for an open, democratic company culture that values passion,
integrity, and a desire to learn, we want to hear from you. Everlaw
is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a
diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee
or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender
expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests
for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all
applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to
nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California
Equal Pay Act .
Keywords: Everlaw, Oakland , Financial Operations Specialist, AR, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!