Associate Vice President, Investor Relations
Company: Riaz Capital
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Associate Vice President, Investor Relations
About Riaz CapitalRiaz Capital is an Oakland, California based
fully integrated development, investment, and asset management
company, focused on addressing the changing housing needs of the
millennial generation. Our mission is that anyone who earns area
median income can afford a place they would love to call home by
building transit-oriented high-quality apartments at an affordable
price point for our residents.
Our vertically integrated development firm has operated in the Bay
Area since 1977. Today, the Riaz Capital team manages over 1,500
units and has roughly 1,700 residences in the development or
construction process, and possesses core competencies in
development, construction, asset management, finance & capital
markets to exercise control and speed of execution through every
stage of the development cycle. In addition to new construction
development, the firm has extensive experience in repositioning
both urban and suburban workforce housing properties, and has
executed several adaptive reuse projects. Our current activities
are -70% new construction and -30% adaptive reuse and
repositioning. Today, Riaz Capital has -$500 million in real estate
assets under management and with our current development pipeline,
should reach $1 billion by 2024/25.
Our core new construction design is a 300 +/- square foot studio
that incorporates all of the necessary functions of a housing unit.
We have developed a design that works in a variety of building
types: Townhouses, Mid-Rise Apartments, Substantial Rehab and
Adaptive Reuse. Our current design and mission are a result of a
years-long synthesis of our experience from micro-units, student
housing, traditional multi-family, and co-living. Our units foster
total privacy and security, which provides our residents with a
sense of independence (and individuality) all within the fabric of
a larger community. Each of our projects has an emphasis on
architectural creativity, unique design, walkability, utilization
of open space and personal privacy.
About You Your ease and ability to connect and communicate with
others inspire confidence. You understand that
relationship-building is an art, and you are committed to making
all our investors feel equally important, valued, and respected.
You are adept at multi-tasking and balancing both recurring
relationship management and new business development, and the
multiple demands and deadlines that those things entail. You thrive
in a fast-paced environment and love challenges. If this sounds
like you, come join our team!As our Associate Vice President of
Investor Relations, you will be reporting to the CEO while
maintaining a high level of integrity related to sensitive content
leveraged in critical company decisions. This position will focus
on equity fundraising and participate in all future raises, and
other investor relations, and marketing activities for the company.
You will manage important relationships with high level investors
and strategic partners by ensuring quick and accurate responses to
inquiries, internal and external reports, presentations, and
financial updates. You skillfully balance front-end investor
communications, with the technical knowledge and expertise
(thorough understanding of core financial reports, excel,
PowerPoint, CRM, familiarity with or ability to learn quickly
Yardi, Salesforce, Argus, etc.) needed to prepare presentation
materials. Excitingly, you will ensure the company meets its
capital goals through the development of new relationships as well
as ongoing relationship management via investor reporting and other
cultivation for our 400 existing clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Fundraising & Marketing
- Confidently run tier 2 meetings independently with no support
from CEO or other executive team members, manage the meeting prep
and follow up with support from Analyst, Executive Assistant,
and/or Marketing Coordinator.
- Manage the investor subscription and onboarding process with
support from Analyst and Ops.
- Manage the fundraise process from beginning to end through
creating presentations for new investments, updates on existing
investments, investor tours, and for the purpose of supporting
other capital initiatives within the finance team.
- Update investor records in Juniper, Salesforce, and other
systems as needed with support from Analyst, Accounting, etc.
- Own the Project Management of the fundraise effort (coordinate
outreach, grow the investor pipeline and funnel, and work with
analysts and other team members to ensure accurate, complete, and
timely responses to all sales leads).
- Field investor questions on all new deals, and respond to
investor requests including RFPs, presentations, and proposals.
Work with Business Development Associate to do this.
- Review models and analysis for investor questions as delivered
- Create Due Diligence/ Marketing materials for investor meetings
and calls, with support of Analyst and Marketing Coordinator
- Monitor and provide guidance on current market trends.
- Manage third-party marketing and PR vendors to ensure the firm
is communicating with a consistent brand and identity with all
Relationship Management & Client Development
- Foster and manage external relationships including, but not
limited to, wealth managers, and individual investors from
ultra-high net worth to mass affluent.
- Represent the firm in webinars, podcasts, conferences, panels,
and other forums for developing investor relationships.
- Maintain contact with all current and prospective investors to
ensure relationships remain warm and positive. When an investor has
concerns or issues, work with other stakeholders to help resolve
the issue the investor is having.
- Ensure all questions and calls from current investors receive a
response within 24 hours of receipt, either directly or via a
member of the support team, depending on the investor and the
- Plan and coordinate engagement events with existing clients and
potential investors and prepare presentations for same.
- Manage via our third-party agency the CRM system and
distribution lists for reporting, communications, and events.
Ensure all investor communications (calls, emails, meetings,
follow-up, and next steps) are logged into CRM database.
- Research, track, and onboard new client relationships, with the
support of Analyst.
Reporting & Analysis
- Manage the preparation or prepare various internal and external
communications (fund notices, quarterly reporting, marketing
presentations and various ad hoc reports), with support of Analyst
and coordinating with finance, accounting, operations, and
- Manage the preparation or prepare analysis of trends and brand
strategies for budgeting process, outline potential benefits,
risks, and impact of implementing new strategies.
- Interpret, compile, and anticipate recurring and ad hoc
investor requests to produce high-quality reports and
- Manage the preparation or prepare competitive analysis and peer
benchmarking with support of Analyst.
Qualifications:The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in
a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This
candidate should be extremely motivated to engage with and speak to
all aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic
team player, offer innovative ideas, and manage multiple priorities
with competing deadlines. Excellent communication, analytical,
decision-making, and follow-up skills are required.
- Superlative business writing and communication skills
- 5-7+ years of experience in capital arranging for debt or
equity, fundraising, and/or sales positions with a real estate
brokerage, development, or asset management company; or with a
banking or private equity company with specific focus on real
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Economics,
or Real Estate preferred but not required
- Strong business acumen - understands the key financial drivers
and dynamics related to operational goals of an organization
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong client management commitment
- Critical thinking is a plus
- Highly collaborative team leader who can prioritize and manage
- Understanding of or familiarity with CRM database
- Passionate for a career in real estate and related investment
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit a cover
letter, resume, and salary requirements with your application.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Full compensation package
will include base compensation, bonus, and equity participation in
GPs of the new various funds and investment vehicles.Status:
Full-timeStart Date: ImmediatelyLocation: Oakland Office
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and believes
diversity in the workplace results in more innovative solutions and
drives value for our firm.
Keywords: Riaz Capital, Oakland , Associate Vice President, Investor Relations, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!