Senior GL Accountant
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Mynd Management is a full-service, tech-enabled property management
and real estate investment company serving the single-family rental
(SFR) housing sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was
named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the
San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Mynd efficiently manages
rental homes for property owners, provides digital leasing services
for renters, and offers quality housing to residents in 19 metros
nationwide. Mynd's industry-leading services and features such as
3D tours, virtual leasing, online rent collection, and weekly
disbursements provide an unparalleled rental living experience and
maximize net operating income for owners. Mynd has a mission to
create happy homes and healthy investments.
We're always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made
up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals across
a wide variety of industries there is no ideal employee profile
other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an
impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground
running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by
great customer experience. Join us!
About the role:
The Senior GL Accountant will support corporate accounting
operations, including month-end close tasks, driving continuous
process improvement initiatives, technical accounting research, and
tax compliance matters. The skills required to succeed in this role
include strong accounting and communication skills, and ability to
thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Self-identify and implement with minimal supervision, process
improvements and new methods that will streamline the monthly close
process in terms of review, analysis, and checks for
- Development of Accounting process narratives and task
instructions to support a SOX compliant Internal Control
- Support the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly
- Prepare and/ or provide mentorship over Accounting staff for
various journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations,
- Intangible assets in compliance with ASC 350
- Leases in compliance with ASC 842
- Debt and equity in compliance with ASC 340 and 835
- Cash activity for multiple entities
- Miscellaneous Accruals and Adjustments
- Collaborate across multiple departments to ensure Accounting
awareness of key business activities.
- Respond to external audit requests.
- Assist as necessary in tax compliance and research.
- Assist in Revenue accounting and reporting as necessary.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA license or exam eligible preferred.
- 5+ years experience in accounting and finance roles (ideally a
combination of accounting firm and corporate setting - Experience
in a start-up SaaS company is a huge plus).
- High attention to detail, organized with exceptional
- Must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and
continuous process improvement while always curious and
- Audit experience (Big 4 preferred).
- Netsuite experience strongly preferred.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and startup environment.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background investigation.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an 'A' Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are
considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex,
religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical
or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver
status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship
status, or any other legally protected category.by Jobble
Keywords: Mynd, Oakland , Senior GL Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!