Accounting Analyst III
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 15, 2022
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting
financial transactions and analyses, internal and external
reporting, and internal and external audits while ensuring
compliance with policies and procedures.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with
others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and
expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through
technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring
to team members; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on
strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to
the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change,
difficulties, and feedback.
Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in
subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all
procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding
of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives;
collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems;
identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations;
communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending,
and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and
escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
Supports financial transactions by preparing accounting activities
and reconciliations leading to a complete set of accurate financial
statements (e.g. journal entries, estimates, disbursements) in
accordance with GAAP and company policies, and maintaining support
Supports external reporting of Company financial information by
assisting with reporting to external parties (e.g. IRS, Census
Bureau, NAIC, FTC); and compiling data for reports.
Supports financial analyses by reviewing operational statistics;
responding to ad hoc request for analysis; and understanding data
Supports communication of financial results by presenting
information in verbal and written form; and documenting processes;
and explains financial concepts to individuals without finance
- Supports finance system design, implementations, enhancements,
and continuous improvements by understanding flow of transactions
through source systems.
- Supports internal reporting of Company financial information by
assisting with compiling standard and/or ad hoc reports (e.g.,
balance sheets, income statements, volume reporting, trade spending
reports); and assisting with documentation of assets, liabilities,
revenues, and operating expenses in conformity with GAAP and
Company accounting policies.
Meets requirements of policies and procedures to remain compliant
(e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, KP-NCO, POR).
Supports internal and external audits by preparing interim and
year-end audit schedules; and compiling information and/or
documentation as required for internal and external auditors, and
the Tax department.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business, or related field AND
Minimum three (3) years accounting or related business experience.
Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field
may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without
- One (1) year project management experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with intermediate functions of
spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including filtering data,
creating pivot tables, and linking workbooks or spreadsheets.
- Two (2) years experience working with basic database functions,
including running queries and reports.
- Two (2) years experience working with financial information
- Two (2) years health care industry experience.
- One (1) year experience participating in the testing and/or
validation of financial system implementation or integration.
- One (1) year experience in technical accounting, requiring the
interpretation of accounting guidelines and documenting
recommendations for accounting practices.
- One (1) year experience in financial analysis.
- One (1) year experience in financial reporting.
- One (1) year audit or accounting firm experience.
- One (1) year payroll accounting experience.
- One (1) year tax experience.
- One (1) year statutory experience.
- One (1) year experience with Hospital and Professional patient
revenue accounting, including experience with government payers
- One (1) year experience with pharmacy accounting ,including
inventory management system or pharmacy revenue system.
- One (1) year property and lease accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,1950 Franklin
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Accounting, Finance & Actuarial Services
Department : Oakland Reg - 1950 Franklin - Rgnl MG-Financial Mgmt
Group - 0206
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , Accounting Analyst III, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!