Company: Workers'--- Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Our Financial Services Team is looking for a Senior Accountant,
an experienced and collaborative self-starter who is passionate
about understanding and improving business processes through the
use of innovative and technology enabled solutions. This is an
excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, analytical, and growth
minded individual to join our team.The Senior Accountant will
report to and partner with the Director, Accounting and will serve
as the go-to contact for finance staff and department leaders in
coordinating the monthly financial reporting cycle, asset
accounting, and researching and correcting account discrepancies.As
a strong cross-functional team player you will foster effective
business relationships within and across functions and explain
complex accounting theories, concepts and processes in ways that
non-technical stakeholders can understand.You're excited about this
opportunity because you ---
- Have a strong desire to effect change and improve existing
- Display energy and enthusiasm for utilizing features of
financial system and database attributes to enable
technology-enabled accounting processes, such as data uploads, data
reporting, third-party system interfaces, and reconciliations.
- Have a demonstrated understanding of US GAAP
- Have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
particularly Excel (pivot tables, power query, etc.) and SharePoint
and Adobe Acrobat.
- Can master mid-sized accounting and reporting systems (Sage
- Possess great communication and interpersonal skills and can
explain complex accounting theories, concepts and processes in ways
that non-technical stakeholders can understand.
- Have proven ability to plan, prioritize, and adapt effectively
to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness and humility, with
excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new
- Are self-motivated and able to work under pressure without
- Have superb analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong
attention to detail while maintaining big picture.
- Have proven experience balancing multiple projects and meeting
necessary deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Are interested in further developing your leadership
skills.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Senior Accountant
responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Lead the month-end close, supporting Financial Statement
preparation including account reconciliations and analysis,
ensuring compliance with US GAAP.
- Maintains the Fixed Asset system and Capital Software
- Propose and implement process changes, including the
documentation of new policies and procedures, and assists in
developing less experienced accounting staff.
- Serve as the primary interface to proactively work with finance
staff and department leaders in coordinating the expense accruals,
asset accounting, and researching and correcting account
- Prepares annual audit schedules and serves as a primary
resource to address auditor requests.
- Integral team member in the annual capital and operating budget
preparation, methodology documentation, and interim
- User administration for Intacct financial system.EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting7+
years general accounting experience including account
reconciliations, expense analysis, budgeting, and fixed asset
accounting experience.The WCIRB (Workers' Compensation Insurance
Rating Bureau of California) is a member association providing
actuarial, educational, and employer data services to the
California workers' compensation system. We are an outcomes-driven
industry leader dedicated to our customers and our employees. We
are passionate about the work we do and in fostering an inclusive
environment. Based in Oakland, California we offer competitive
salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision
insurance, employer matched 401(k) plan, pension, company-wide
incentive plan, paid vacation, sick, and holiday time off, and a
great hybrid work environment! Benefits
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- Ten paid holidays
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program - 401k with match, plus a pension plan
- Hybrid work model - work part of your workweek from home
- Full time, 37.5 hour workweekApply here:
https://www.wcirb.com/about/careersPlease note that the WCIRB has
enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all employees.
Proof of full vaccination or an approved exemption or deferral is
required of all employees, including new hires.
Keywords: Workers'--- Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (, Oakland , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!