Bookkeeper/Accountant - Onsite
Company: Wollborg Michelson Recruiting
Posted on: June 19, 2022
General Ledger Skilled AccountantOnsite in Oakland, CAPay:
$42.00/HourMust be COVID Vaccinated Job description
- Analyzes capital project cost reports on a continuing basis
including coordination with other departments to ensure correctness
of the reports.
- Reconciles capital project cost reports to the general ledger
and fixed asset records.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules, reports, and records
analysis required by internal and external auditors.
- Establishes or revises accounting procedures to conform with
federal or state laws and generally accepted accounting
- Creates, updates, and maintains operating manuals of policies,
functions and projects within the Controller's Office.
- Examines and tests reliability of payroll records, accounts
payable documents and general accounting records.
- Assists in the monthly and year-end close of the District's
books and records.
- Reviews journal entries prepared by accountants for propriety,
accuracy and completeness.
- Responds to surveys, questionnaires and other statistical
inquiries related to the District's financial reports.
- Provides technical support to other departments, accountants,
and clerical staff.QUALIFICATIONS
- - Principles, practices and terminology of general, commercial,
fund and governmental accounting
- - Principles and practices of payroll processing and wage and
benefit plan concepts
- - Principles and practices of business data processing,
particularly as related to the processing and analysis of
- - Preparation, interpretation and analysis of computer and
manual input/output documents. Budgeting principles and
- - Standard office practices and procedures
- - Applicable laws and regulations including those regulating
public fiscal operationsSkill/Ability in:
- Reviewing and interpreting complex financial reports, ledgers,
records and legal documents
- Verifying the accuracy of financial data
- Ensuring proper authorization and documentation for
- Analyzing, posting, balancing and reconciling financial data
and accounts; making accurate mathematical calculations
- Preparing clear, concise and complete financial reports and
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with those contacted in the course of work
- Explaining technical subjects to non-technical personnel and
- Making sound independent decisions within established
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in accounting or a related
field from an accredited college or university.
- The equivalent of four (4) years of professional verifiable
experience in professional accounting experience, preferably in a
government or public agency setting.Wollborg Michelson Recruiting
does require all applicants to be able to provide proof that they
are fully vaccinated from COVID prior to their start date, unless
otherwise prohibited by law.Wollborg Michelson Recruiting is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination of any
kind. We ensure job offers are made based of one's employment
experience, skills, and qualifications, regardless of race, gender,
ethnic origin, or any other classification protected by law. All
applicants must furnish proper identification to prove their legal
right to work in the US upon a job offer. We participate in
E-Verify to confirm one's right to work in the US. Wollborg
Michelson Recruiting does not provide sponsorship for an
employment-based visa status.
Keywords: Wollborg Michelson Recruiting, Oakland , Bookkeeper/Accountant - Onsite, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!