Senior Cybersecurity Audit Specialist
Company: ISACA Los Angeles Chapter
Posted on: March 19, 2023
This position can work remotely within the vicinity of our Pasadena CA, San Diego CA, Oakland Ca, Aurora CO or Renton WA - markets. -
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for monitoring the progress of complex IT audit testing based on an approved test strategy, supporting test planning with Internal Audit Services, reporting the information out to appropriate parties as required, and assisting in managing/performing testing and general work paper reviews as required. This position will also support the IT control certification process and assist team members in the creation of documentation regarding IT control standards and guidance; developing stakeholder relationships across the organization to ensure a sustained understanding of IT control requirements in areas such as documentation and evidence; demonstrating an understanding of how business controls rely on applications; and conveying this understanding to both business and IT stakeholders. This position is also expected to lead special projects and process improvement priorities in support of department objectives.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and evaluating recommendations made by others.
- Leads assessment of organizational activities designed to add value and improve the organizations operations by evaluating risks and controls; recommending improvements for the processes in focus; and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Manages the planning, scheduling, and supervision of assigned projects and staff in accordance with the audit plan, project budgets, and milestones; reviews and approves project risk assessments; develops audit or projects programs; reviews work papers or other documentation; approves/prepares reports; and adheres to professional standards.
- Partners with company leaders on risk matters and acts as an internal consultant on analyzing and interpreting organizational risks and/or mitigation strategies.
- Supports the development of the strategy and sets priorities for multiple client or functional areas by leveraging and engaging other members of the team; taking the lead role in driving client or functional area development based on risk assessment activities, client interactions, and industry knowledge; and directing the on-going risk assessment and audit planning process.
- Participates and/or leads department initiatives.
- - - - - - - - Minimum two (2) years project management experience.
- - - - - - - - Bachelors degree in business or related field -AND Minimum seven (7) years audit or related business experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- - - - - - - - Five (5) years IT experience in audit, compliance, and/or risk management.
- - - - - - - - Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
- - - - - - - - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- - - - - - - - Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- - - - - - - - Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OR Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
Primary Location: -California,Oakland,Ordway
East Annex - Parsons, 75 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
Walnut Center - Regional Offices, 393 E. Walnut St., Pasadena,California, 91188
Waterpark II, 2530 S. Parker Rd., Aurora,Colorado, 80014
California Service Center - Rio S.D., 8954 Rio San Diego Dr., San Diego,California, 92108
Renton Administration - Adams, 2921 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057
Pay Range: -$115900 - $149930
Travel: -Yes, 15 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: ISACA Los Angeles Chapter, Oakland , Senior Cybersecurity Audit Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
here to apply!