FP&A Analyst V
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Description: Job Summary:
This senior level employee is primarily responsible for conducting
complex financial assessment and modeling efforts, leading internal
audit processes, creating budgets and forecasts, completing costing
activities, and developing reports on region/business unit
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by
building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders;
communicating information and providing advice to drive projects
forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; listening
and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback;
adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing
feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership and
mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to
capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; and adapting to and
learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying
deep expertise in subject area; promoting adherence to all
procedures and policies; developing work plans to meet business
priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes
and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to
accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and
externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex
problems; escalating issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring
progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement
opportunities; and evaluating recommendations made by others.
- Evaluates the business environment by leading financial
assessments (e.g., Situational,
Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis); and interpreting
and communicating information in reports summarizing business,
financial, or economic data.
- Leads internal audit process, reviews audit results, and
engages with auditors to resolve material weaknesses, implement
changes to internal controls and proactively assess high risk
- Creates budgets and/or forecasts in accordance with business
strategic initiatives by interpreting and communicating budgeting
trends; communicating results of budget and complex forecasting;
participating in the development of department/regional budgets;
and making recommendations.
- Advises region/business unit leaders on strategic fiscal
matters by developing and designing regular and special reports for
both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate
financial management throughout the organization; leading regular
meetings with leadership to review financial results for their
areas; and acting as an internal consultant to Kaiser Senior
Management team on reading and interpreting financial results,
analyzing variances, and improving performance.
- Conducts complex financial modeling by developing best-practice
and complex models; analyzing and optimizing risk alternatives;
developing what-if scenarios and forecasts using in-house models or
software; and making recommendations.
- Evaluates the business vision, objectives, and strategic
initiatives by performing financial analysis to evaluate financial
impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Completes costing activities by identifying cost avoidance and
cost recovery opportunities and applying solutions.
- Evaluates performance/operations/financial state by using and
recommending improvements; developing and implementing new
templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report)
and computer applications; leading the completion of financial
analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, benchmarking, pro
forma P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks,
NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic
analyses); evaluating results; and leading the completion of
variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods,
- Reports region/business unit financial information by reviewing
evaluation of financial trends, data analysis reports, and
forecasts of income and expense; suggesting changes to Leadership
based on assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and reviewing
the data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support
analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume
reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment
- Supports field operations by analyzing and interpreting their
operational/financial performance; and recommending areas of
- Leads Financial Statement Analysis of business partners (e.g.,
suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by reviewing
information reported from software systems (Internet, Bloomberg,
and D&B), annual reports, and/or interviews; communicating the
financial status (viability) of business partners; and evaluating
- Improves financial performance by analyzing and interpreting
financial trends; partnering with business leaders to identify
actions that address performance issues; and implementing
enhancements to operational issues in order to improve
- Informs strategic financial planning by interpreting and making
recommendations based on financial, utilization, and benchmark
- Drives strategic financial planning by preparing and analyzing
recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity,
financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and interpreting
financial concepts for financial planning and control. Minimum
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a leadership role with or
without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field and
Minimum eight (8) years Financial Planning & Analysis experience,
or directly related business experience. Additional equivalent work
experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the
degree requirement. Preferred Qualifications:
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring
interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Four (4) years experience working with advanced functions of
spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot
tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- Three (3) years experience working with KP data sources or
- Four (4) years health care experience.
- Three (3) years FP&A experience working for a health care
- Three (3) years experience working with advanced SQL and/or SAS
- Two (2) years construction and maintenance finance
- Three (3) years corporate real estate finance experience.
- Three (3) years experience developing business cases.
- Masters degree finance, business, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- FP&A Certification.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Oakland Reg - 1950 Franklin - Regional FP&A -
Pay Range: $137200 - $177540 / year The ranges posted above reflect
the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you
reside in a different location or state than the location
Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity
are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a
part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and
inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to
receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities
we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser
Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to
equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an
inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. Submit Interest
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Oakland , FP&A Analyst V, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!