Mortgage Closing/Funding Supervisor
Company: Chevron Federal Credit Union
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Chevron Federal Credit Union is one of the top-run credit unions in
the country- and one of the largest, with over $3 billion in
assets. Yet our corporate culture is not stuffy: the Team Spirit
Committee runs fun activities and charitable events throughout the
year, and work-life balance, mutual respect, diversity, and
providing a voice for every employee are all important to us. As
you might imagine, we provide competitive pay and great benefits,
- Bonus/incentives for all regular employees
- 401(k) with 8% company contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and
dependents paid at 80%
- PTO and paid sabbaticals
- Tuition reimbursement
GENERAL SUMMARY:Responsible for managing all aspects of the
Closing/Funding department. Responsible for the timely generating,
accuracy, delivery, and return of final real estate loan documents
to ensure on-time loan funding and ensure we meet our members'
expectations. Manages vendor relationships to assure quality
service is provided by independent third parties. Responsible for
managing Mortgage Lending's operations related to
accounting/invoices, loan file retention and other duties as
assigned by AVP, Mortgage Lending.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Mortgage Loan Closers and Mortgage Loan Funders to
efficiently and accurately generate real estate loan documents,
track outstanding loan files, audit returned documents and fund
- Ensure that Closing/Funding Team follows all fair lending and
- Primary contact for members or other departments regarding
problems on loan closings. Resolve problems that arise on
individual loans on a daily basis.
- Responsible for managing invoices for the Mortgage Lending
unit. Responsible for validating for accuracy, logging and
forwarding all invoices to Accounting for timely processing.
- Maintain cost controls and meet budget guidelines established
for the Closing/Funding department.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 to 5 years combined experience in
various facets of real estate processing, closing, funding,
servicing and quality control; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret information on systems and
documents such as account information, loan documents, regulations,
written agreements, vendor contracts, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including
email, using correct spelling and grammar.
- Ability to speak clearly, tactfully, and effectively to
members, volunteers, and employees at all levels of
- Ability to effectively use all applicable banking and loan
- Excellent organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time,
but most duties are performed from a seated position.
- Work involves extensive use of computers, up to eight hours per
- May include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects
weighing up to 20 pounds such as files and documents.
We welcome all qualified applicants and pride ourselves on our
diversity. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
- Combined experience in various facets of real estate
processing, closing, funding, servicing and quality control; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Chevron Federal Credit Union, Oakland , Mortgage Closing/Funding Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!