A vocational college in the East Bay is actively seeking an
Administrative support professional to join the organization. Any
candidates with experience working in the education field will be
1. Responsible for providing administrative support.
2. Ensure that student affairs on administrative and business
matters are handled and coordinated in an effective and efficient
3. Maintains an organized administrative office and ensures that
the schools polices and procedures are strictly implemented.
4. Practice good customer service.
1. College degree preferred
2. Proficient with MS Office Program( Word, Excel, Power Point,
3. Good oral and written communication skills.
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Good organizational and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative,
discretion and confidentiality.
7. Flexible and ability to multitask assignments.
8. Attention to detail and excellent follow through in completing
1. Answers incoming calls.
2. Responds to students needs.
3. Maintains organization in the office
4. Assist Program Director, Office Manager , Admin Assistant I and
Instructors as needed.
a. Creates and types memos, forms, letters, etc.
5. Receives payments from students and issues receipts.
6. Maintains inventory of new books .
7. Maintains students files. Audits students records and ensures
that all forms are completed accurately by students. Follows up
with students on any deficiencies.
8. Updates students and instructors health records.
9. Works closely with Accounting in managing students financial
accounts and consistently follows up any delinquent accounts or
10. Creates and process transcripts and certificates of
11. Maintains and records students grades.
12. Maintains and updates bulletin boards.
1. Responds to request for information regarding all programs
offered by the school.
2. Prepares and have students complete and sign all required
documents e.g. application forms, medical exam reports, criminal
screening, skills check, registration, etc.
3. Ensures that all admission forms are completed accurately by
4. Enrolls students to the appropriate programs.
5. Updates and maintains student's records. Files all students
records, makes sure that all the forms are complete and in sequence
according to the checklist
6. Responds to student's request or refers them to the appropriate
7. Assist students in operating or troubleshooting basic computer
related issues (as needed).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider
all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected