Company: Foundation List
Posted on: January 22, 2023
ICA is seeking an Office Manager to help ICA on its mission to
close the racial and gender wealth gaps by supporting the
Organization's day-to-day operations through facilities and
database management, maximizing employee productivity, and planning
and executing internal and external events.This position is based
in Oakland, CA with hybrid in-office Tuesdays and Thursdays and
remote workand reports to the Chief Program and Strategic
ICA: NOT BUSINESS AS USUAL
People of color, especially women of color, start businesses at
higher rates than white people - but are constrained by structural
inequities and often overlooked by mainstream funders. Through our
coaching, connections, and capital we partner with, mentor, and
invest in underestimated Bay Area entrepreneurs to accelerate great
businesses and build an economy that works for all.
This opportunity will allow you to help enable rapid growth. You
will help our team take our work to the next level in a deeply
rewarding environment because:
- We partner intensely with our entrepreneurs over years and see
the impact of our work daily when we buy their products, watch them
create new jobs, and grow the local
- We're proving there is a better way to structure capital and
support racial equity in small business through our unique
VC/equity model of
- We act like a fast-paced lean startup - combining the best of
the for profit and nonprofit worlds with a laser focus on our
Reporting directly to the Chief Program and Strategic Initiatives
Officer and working closely cross functionally with department
heads, you are instrumental in helping the Organization run
smoothly and efficiently, providing a stable and positive work
environment, and managing the organization's database and global
FACILITIES + OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for facilities management, including co-working
space, storage, and self-storage. Primary contact with facility
operators or owners for repair and maintenance.
- Support the entire team's administrative and office/remote
office needs, troubleshooting simple IT issues and providing
solutions when feasible
Cover the organization's front desk, including sending, receiving
and distributing mail and packages.
- Monitors Organization's general email and voicemail
DATABASE + DATA MANAGEMENT
- Supports in managing ICA's Salesforce database, training new
employees on how to use it, and ensuring the SOP's are up to
- Coordinates with department heads to update and input
Salesforce data, as needed.
- Manage ICA's collateral library, coordinating with department
heads to make scheduled updates.
GLOBAL CALENDAR + EVENTS MANAGEMENT
- Manages the organization's global calendar, keeping it up to
date with key dates (holidays, mental health days, team birthdays,
internal and external events).
- Plan and execute internal team building events and supports
with other internal events and key meetings: board meetings,
committee meetings, funder visits, board retreats, and team
- Project manages, coordinates, and delivers external events,
working with each department to provide right-sized support,
research and negotiate venues, arrange service providers, recruit
volunteers, and attend and monitor event success.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SUPPORT
- Schedules all board meetings and committee meetings
- Attendees board meetings to take notes and produces meeting
minutes draft for CEO approval
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an admin and systems pro who has experience using
online systems to keep everyone productive.
- You are excited when you can multi-task and handle the office
in a diverse and vibrant environment.
- You instinctively operate from a lens of collaboration -
working with others to meet shared goals and balancing the needs of
- You pride yourself on your exceptional ability to create tools,
plans and processes that support complex work and remove obstacles
to achieving results.
- You enjoy planning social and business events and being there
from beginning to end.
- You love project management, event coordination, and checking
things off your to-do list every day.
- You thrive in a culture that prioritizes diversity, and values
honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3-5 years of experience in administrative roles and/or office
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing professional
events for employees and customers.
- Demonstrated success in supporting different roles across and
- Exceptional people skills, strong attention to detail, and
ability to keep organized.
- Experience using Salesforce and project management tools such
as Asana on a daily basis.
OUR OFFER AND COMMITMENT
The annual base salary for this position is $60,000 - $68,250;
compensation also includes a discretionary bonus paid annually
based on organization and individual performance.
ICA's full benefits package includes: 12 paid holidays per year; 3
weeks of annual paid vacation; 7 days of annual paid sick leave; at
least 4 employer-identified mental health days, employer-paid
health, dental, vision, life insurance and disability benefits; 50%
employer-paid dependent health, employer-paid mental health
counseling, 24-hour online virtual healthcare; and 401(k) plan with
matching; and mobile phone / Internet reimbursement.
ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
People are key to our success, and we'd like to get to know you.
Depending on your progress through our hiring process, you may go
through the following steps: A round or two of panel interviews;
review of work samples; completion of an exercise or case study;
and reference-checking of previous supervisors and colleagues.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single PDF
Keywords: Foundation List, Oakland , Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!