Front Office Coordinator -SOL Physical Therapy
Company: Alliance Physical Therapy
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Front Office Coordinator
Location: SOL Performance -Oakland, CA
Status: Full-time- 40 hours per week
Hours: Must have availability between 7am-7pm
The Front Office Coordinator is the initial point of contact with
patients and is the clerical support person for the office staff.
This position is the liaison between the clinic staff and patients
and is responsible for being able to effectively and professionally
communicate company policies, procedures and insurance information.
The Front Office Coordinator assists patients and therapists to
support the patient care process. The position is responsible for
following all compliance, Medicare and HIPAA policies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answers phones, takes and relays messages in a professional and
- Schedules patients for services to assure their treatment goals
are met. Calls and reminds patients of appointment times as
necessary to assure appointments are kept. Assures missed
appointments are rescheduled.
- Communicates with patients clearly explaining the clinic's
practices for insurance, co-payments, and scheduling
- Calls insurance companies before each patient's first visit to
verify their insurance coverage. Communicates with patients to
explain what will or will not be covered.
- Meets with patients on their first visit to assure all
necessary paperwork is completed before treatment begins.
- Collects patient's co-payment each office visit. Reminds
patients as necessary the clinic's policy that requires co-payments
be paid each visit.
- Performs other office support work for staff as needed.
- Assures compliance with Federal / Medicare guidelines and
company compliance policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or
college level business courses preferred.
- Two previous years experience in a medical office, customer
service, or other related business where strong communication,
organization, and follow-through skills were required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a
wide variety of people
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a very busy
- Demonstrates continued interest in self-development and the
development of the staff
Keywords: Alliance Physical Therapy, Oakland , Front Office Coordinator -SOL Physical Therapy, Administration, Clerical , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!