Sr. AD, Social Media Strategy for Events
Company: Alzheimer's Association
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job Title: Sr. Assoc. Dir., Social Media Strategy for
EventsLocation: Chicago, IL/RemoteFull time: 37.5 hours per
weekGrade: 510Reports To: Director, Content Strategy and Engagement
Who We Are:The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary
health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our
mission is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other
dementia - by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction
and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.At the
Alzheimer's Association, our employees are at the core of all we
do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United
States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by
Alzheimer's and those at risk for the disease.We warmly invite
qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life
changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer's, their
caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the
future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our
website www.alz.org/jobs to find out more about who we are and why
we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last 12 years in
a row. Position Summary:The Senior Associate Director, Social Media
Strategy for Peer-to-Peer Events, plays an essential role in
establishing the Alzheimer's Association as an engaged leader in
the digital space. This person demonstrates leadership in strategic
thinking and has a proven track record in the development of social
strategy (both paid and organic) to drive quantitative results
against KPIs. This position allows dedicated staff for strategy and
content creation for our peer-to-peer events and programs, allowing
us to continue to drive peer-to-peer fundraising, while maximizing
our presence in online communities, such as Facebook
Groups.ResponsibilitiesEssential functions and responsibilities
include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for executing retention and expansion strategies
for all signature events to increase revenue.
- Drive tactics to support program KPIs, including expanding
reach/activation for concern and awareness and exploring activation
of Facebook Groups and Facebook Challenges.
- Increase volunteerism of event lead cultivation (i.e. Team
Captains) and program delivery through LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Demonstrate leadership in strategic thinking, driving cohesive
strategies across multiple social channels to achieve
- Manage direct report, overseeing quality and workload, as well
as deliverables from other departments, agencies and vendors.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of engaging social
creative, including providing vision of graphic elements.
- Implement tactics to drive engagement and user generated
content, increase concern and awareness, grow influencer program,
drive traffic to alz.org, increase social giving, retain event
participants and drive advocacy actions.
- Participate in and lead creative meetings, bringing a strategic
and thoughtful perspective to the client; manage and oversee
cross-departmental projects from inception through finished
product, including rounds of approval through multiple
- Collaborate with Director, Content Strategy and Engagement on
social media projects, ensuring free flow of communication.
- Ensure proper brand voice of social creative.
- Analyze social media trends and social analytics, including
reporting out on campaign successes.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients in order
to better understand and meet their social media marketing needs;
looks for opportunities to implement integrative
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in journalism,
communications, English, health communications, marketing or
- 7+ years in social media content strategyKnowledge, Skills and
- Proven track record in creation of social campaigns (both paid
and organic) that are designed to drive quantitative results
- Experience working in all main social channel dashboards
(Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Excellent analytical thinking skills and the ability to use
data to drive decisions.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of social channels and ability
to proactively identify opportunities.
- Ability to stay current with social trends, and identify
business opportunities and overarching strategy.
- Ability to lead and motivate, especially with staff in matrix
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings/weekends and
needed.Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a
comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision,
flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long
term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off,
12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual
Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They
are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
Full time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above
plus an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day
of their choosing.The Alzheimer's Association is committed to
diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides
consideration for an employment relationship without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin,
ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.#LI-Hybrid
Keywords: Alzheimer's Association, Oakland , Sr. AD, Social Media Strategy for Events, Advertising , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!