Company: Aurum Preparatory Academy
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Overview: The Education Specialist (ES) is responsible for
ensuring that all student subgroups (EL, SPED, academically
struggling) are reaching their goals within the least restrictive
environment and in accordance with their IEPs as applicable. The
Education Specialist works to create individualized remediation
plans for all students that are not achieving their academic goals.
This includes, but is not limited to: (1) creating small group
instruction opportunities, (2) facilitating remediation activities,
(3) conducting home visits, and (4) presenting weekly reports to
the faculty about our at-risk students.Why Work at Aurum?
- Competitive compensation and covered BTSA fees
- Paid time off in addition to sick time
- Over 15 full-day professional development days a year in
addition to dedicated daily faculty collaboration time
- An emphasis on depth over breadth - more time teaching fewer
students with a block schedule
- Student and staff technology access supporting communication,
student progress monitoring and differentiation
- An engaged, supportive and connected community of families,
colleagues and partner organizationsBackground on the Organization:
Aurum Preparatory Academy ("Aurum Prep") is committed to educating
all of its students, grades 6 - 8, to succeed in high school,
college, and life and to serve as the next generation of moral
leaders. Aurum Prep is a middle school built in partnership with
parents and families and also drawing from research based best
practices from some of the highest performing schools in the
nation, Aurum Prep will ensure that the children of deep East
Oakland receive the highest quality education.For students to
determine their own life's trajectory, they must have a foundation
that prepares them to (a) excel in high school, college, and life
and (b) become moral leaders in their communities and in our world.
We must have high expectations and clear structures, all provided
within a culture of joy for learning, working hard, and honoring
our students' fullest potential. For more information, please visit
our website: www.aurumpreparatory.orgEducation Specialist
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and
vision of the school.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and certification in special
- Minimum of one year working in urban education with a history
of significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
- Experience in writing excellent Individual Education Plans
(IEPs) and communicating the contents in an accessible way to
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as
professional, and willingness to take responsibility for student
outcomes and achievement.
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and
perseverance.Education Specialist Responsibilities:
- Draft and revise IEPs to ensure needs of special education
students are being served.
- Deliver instruction using variety of targeted learning
modalities in order to develop necessary skills using methods to
enhance student achievement.
- Maintain detailed student IEP and 504 records according to
state and federal guidelines.
- Provide daily tutoring to students, in individual or small
- Work with contracted service providers to ensure all IEP
requirement are met and that all students are being effectively
support to reach their goals.
- Collaborate with other staff members in all professional
Keywords: Aurum Preparatory Academy, Oakland , Education Specialist, Education / Teaching , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!