Company: Aurum Preparatory Academy
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Teachers are the most critical lever that Aurum Prep has to ensure
the success of the academic program and student achievement. Our
teachers will create a classroom culture that drives student
achievement and personal growth for every one of our students,
building a game-changing school that redefines public education in
deep East Oakland. Your job is to hold your students to a high bar
and grow as a leader in this work every day along with your fellow
staff members. Ultimately, you will be a founding member of a high
performing team that is changing the narrative for what is possible
for children in deep East Oakland.
Why Work at Aurum?
- Competitive compensation and covered BTSA fees.
- Paid time off in addition to sick time.
- Over 15 full-day professional development days a year in
addition to dedicated daily faculty collaboration time.
- An emphasis on depth over breadth more time teaching fewer
students with a block schedule.
- Student and staff technology access supporting communication,
student progress monitoring and differentiation.
- An engaged, supportive and connected community of families,
colleagues and partner organizations.
Background on the Organization:
Aurum Preparatory Academy (Aurum Prep) is committed to educating
all of its students,grades 68, to succeed in high school, college,
and life and to serve as the next generation of moral leaders.
Aurum Prep is a middle school that will serve its founding class of
sixth graders in the fall of 2018 and continue to grow each year.
Built in partnership with parents and families and also drawing
from research based best practices from some of the highest
performing schools in the nation, Aurum Prep will ensure that the
children of deep East Oakland receive the highest quality
For students to determine their own lifes trajectory, they must
have a foundation that prepares them to (a) excel in high school,
college, and life and(b) become moral leaders in their communities
and in our world. We must have high expectations and clear
structures, all provided with in a culture of joy for learning,
working hard, and honoring our students fullest potential. For more
information, please visit our website: www.aurumpreparatory.org
- Bachelors Degree
- Two years of urban teaching experience preferred
- Commitment to meet challenges with optimism and a
- Willingness to engage in frequent dialogue and to be
self-reflective with regard to teaching practices
- Commitment to analyzing student data to push student
- Successful classroom manager who firmly believes that a
structured environment and high behavioral expectations for all
students lead to student achievement
- Teach at least four classes daily
- Plan, implement, and execute engaging and rigorous daily
- Communicate frequently with parents
- Assess students frequently through formal and informal
- Create comprehensive chapter and/or unit tests
- Reinforce school-wide rules and expectations
- Complete other tasks as directed by the Executive Director
- Identify students who are academically at risk and initiate
effective intervention strategies
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural
staff. Please send a resume, two letters of reference and
compelling cover letter.by Jobble
Keywords: Aurum Preparatory Academy, Oakland , History Teacher, Education / Teaching , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!