2022/2023 AP Calculus/PreCalculus Teacher
Company: AIMS K-12
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Starting Salary: $57,298.00Teacher:
Single SubjectCategory: CertificatedWork Year: 11 monthsEmployment
Type: Full Time Salary Range: $57,298.00-$85,038.00Supervisor: Head
of School or DesigneeJOB GOALS: Provide a high-quality instruction
within a small school environment where every student is known and
valued as an individual; uphold the mission and values of American
Indian Model Schools (AIMS) and contribute to our goal that every
student in California has access to a high-quality public
- Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the
shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities
aligned with Common Core Standards and AIMS Instructional
- Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine
and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data
and student needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve instructional practices
throughout the school; share best practices.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families about
classroom activities and student progress.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students'
- Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully
- Actively participate in professional development activities,
and work closely with the Head of School and Dean.
- Maintain accurate student records including attendance.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members
to effectively address those needs.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of AIM
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned from Head
of School and Deans.
- Flexibility of schedule to accommodate monthly Saturday School,
Summer School, as well as additional after school tutoring
- At the least, a 1 year commitment. A 3-year commitment is
preferred and is eligible for a bonus at the end of the term.
- Bachelors' degree in subject being taught with a minimum 3.5
- Valid California Teaching/Intern Credential
- English Language Learner Authorization required
- 1+ year working with students as a teacher, teacher intern, or
teaching assistant preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and application of child cognitive development and
various learning styles
- Knowledge of various subject matter, including Common Core
Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Familiarity with post-secondary requirements, ACT, SAT, and AP
- Understanding and ability to create assessments according to
standards every 6-8 weeks
- Ability and willingness to implement AIMS Instructional
Guidelines and Best Practices
- Aptitude to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
to inform the next phase of teaching.
- Capacity and willingness to reflect and improve instructional
practices to better serve students.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents, and the
- Computer and Internet search skills. PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
REQUIREMENTS:Minimum Work Position (Percentage of Time):Standing:
30 Walking: 20 Sitting: 50Minimum Body Movement (Frequency): None
(0) Limited (1) Occasional (2) Frequent (3) Very Frequent
(4)Lifting (lbs.): 15-18 Lifting: 2 Bending: 2Pushing and/or
Pulling Loads: 1 Reaching Overhead: 1 Kneeling or Squatting:
1Climbing Ladders: 0 Climbing Stairs: 2NON-DISCRIMINATION: AIMS
College Prep Charter District does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, marital status, ancestry, political
affiliation, age, sexual orientation, disability, medical
condition, national origin, or mental or physical handicap in any
of its policies or procedures related to admissions, employment,
educational services, programs or activities.
Keywords: AIMS K-12, Oakland , 2022/2023 AP Calculus/PreCalculus Teacher, Education / Teaching , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!