Edge Computer Science Instructor
Posted on: October 14, 2019
WE ARE HIRING FOR "THE WORLD'S LARGEST SEARCH ENGINE"
Edge Computer Science Instructor
?As a Computer Science Coach, you will join an energetic team
devoted to increasing access and exposure to Computer Science and
Making to underrepresented communities. The CS Coach will be
responsible for leading a lab and supporting the full-time coach in
facilitating learning experiences designed for students ages 13
-18, to increase their interest, confidence and core skills
required to pursue a career in Computer Science.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the instruction for out-of-school time programs,
prepare for lessons, and provide feedback to the education design
- Work directly with students, externs and program partners to
ensure that they are following our CS road map?
- Identify areas of strength and weakness of individual students
to help them by implementing accelerated or supplemental
- Participate in required training and development and apply
concepts in the classroom.
- Work with the curriculum design team to design and develop
engaging learning experiences for students.
- Lab maintenance Mandatory Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Education, Psychology,
or equivalent experience,
- Proficient in at least one programming language,
- Culturally oriented and experienced in engaging with
- Experience facilitating learning experiences or teaching
computer science to high school age students;
- Enthusiasm for teaching, engaging students, and sparking
curiosity and creativity.
- Must be able and willing to work most Saturdays. Summers: Mon -
Fri; Sep - June: Tue - Sat. Desired Skills:
- Experience with high school age students strongly preferred but
may consider middle school or college teaching experience.
- Experience with makerspaces, tinkering, innovation labs,
design-thinking, and project-based learning.
- Experience leading, managing or mentoring educators.
- Proficiency in structuring, delivering, and facilitating
learning experiences using a blended learning model, project-based
assignments, media techniques, or online education. Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records
Adecco is the world---s largest provider of staffing solutions. But
it---s not our size that makes us different, it---s our unwavering
commitment to the businesses, job seekers and communities we
serve.--Every day, we propel job seekers forward in their career
and help America---s top employers attract, develop and manage the
very best talent. Job seekers--rely on us for exciting temporary,
temp-to-perm and permanent opportunities, as well as career
resources and advice. Businesses throughout the country and across
all industries count on us for access to more than 9 million
qualified candidates and an ability to deliver proactive and
actionable insight into the economy and the job market. We also
sponsor community and nationwide community service events to ensure
opportunities for all.--We are proud of the fact that we connect
more people with more jobs than anyone else, and know how important
what we do is - not only to the economy and job market, but also to
the lives and communities we touch
Keywords: Adecco, Oakland , Edge Computer Science Instructor, Education / Teaching , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!