Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)
Company: CB Insights
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Develop a state-of-the-art product. Make sense of the future.
Use data to drive business.
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working
on a product that clients love, we'd want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of
the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our
systems retrieve large amounts of structured and unstructured data,
use scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the
data and present the data through a sophisticated dynamic user
interface which enables the user to find answers to their most
The Role You'll Play
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be
part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear
ownership and passion to form the future. Our crew uses
state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships
often. This specific team is responsible for maintaining and
developing new features for the search experience that is powered
by elasticsearch. Additional service responsibilities include
comment, profile, and more.
Our backend software engineers work with Python and Go to build
microservices to power front-ends and other services. Our services
run in Docker on AWS and we use Hashicorp's suite to manage our
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while
ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where
you are located and this role is open for candidates who are
working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our
New York City office.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights
Your Main Tasks
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence
platform on a small Agile team of 6-8 engineers.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are
well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify
opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
What You Bring To The Table
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding and who
has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Several years professional experience in a functional and/or
object-oriented programming language (we use Go and Python for all
future development and have some legacy services in PHP and
- Relational database proficiency, including ER modelling and
performance optimization (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle,
- Experience building microservices and thorough understanding of
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Agile and Lean value set (we follow a variant of Scrum and use
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as
from the local office
What's CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit
emerging technologies. We help the world's leading companies
accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not
opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine
and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your
response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards,
Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and
creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to
the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is
close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As
such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CB Insights, Oakland , Senior Backend Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!