Company: Bright Power, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Energy EngineerReports To: Director of Project
DevelopmentLocation: Oakland, CABright Power has been a
transformative player in clean energy and sustainable buildings
since 2004. We believe a meaningful difference in climate change
will only be realized if it is easy for building owners to make
their buildings better.Our approach is simple: we find energy and
water problems in buildings, we fix them, and we follow up to make
sure the solutions worked. Behind the scenes, our unique
combination of software, analytics, engineering, and contracting
makes it all happen. If you have a can-do problem-solving attitude
and are excited to join a company of the brightest minds working on
energy and water in buildings, then apply to join our team!Join
UsBright Power is comprised of a team of diverse, talented, and
hard-working individuals committed to growing this industry and
making a positive impact on the environment. We are passionate
about reducing energy and water usage by implementing energy
efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to
improve the health, comfort, and value of our client's buildings,
while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing
well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the
world. Primary Responsibilities
- Evaluates the economic, engineering, or pragmatic feasibility
of energy efficiency improvement projects.
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses, determines the potential return
on investments, evaluates plans or system layouts, designs
objectives, aligns resources, determines project scope and ensures
compliance with State, or local laws.
- Conducts energy audits and site assessments to evaluate energy
usage and identify energy saving and related improvement
- Inspects and monitors primary energy flow of energy systems in
building and facilities.
- Analyzes building utility bills to determine practical energy
usage and trends.
- Prepares reports and technical documents and presents findings
to property managers, building owners, co-op/condominium boards,
and other decision makers at client buildings.
- Mentors engineer(s) within the audit team on technical and
project management tasks.Skills/Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent in an Engineering
science from an accredited four-year college or university
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of energy management strategies, building science,
building automation systems, or other building subsystems.
- Ability to mentor/manage engineers on technical and project
management aspects of projects.
- Knowledge of incentive program rules and regulations and the
ability to evaluate the best program for a project.
- Knowledge of lifecycle analysis of facility efficiency and
energy conservation projects.
- Ability to inspect or monitor energy systems, including
heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to
determine energy use or potential energy savings.
- Ability to review architectural, mechanical, or electrical
plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine
economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Ability to perform energy audits, identify energy savings
opportunities, use tools and technology to compare cost effective
energy options and make recommendations to achieve more energy
- High proficiency in Excel, Word and excellent computer
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with key
stakeholders, including property management companies and building
management staff, in order to exchange information, explain the
project, ensure understanding of programs, and to coordinate
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
general public.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Heat Pump Water Heater design and/or
- Experience with Heat Pump/VRF HVAC design and/or
- Experience with Electrical Systems and/or Design
- Experience with Solar PV or Electric Vehicle Charging
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) /Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
/ Professional Engineer (PE)BenefitsIn addition to working with
incredible people, Bright Power offers competitive benefits. Find
the list of our benefits offered on our careers home pageCOVID
Vaccination PolicyBright Power will require employees to
demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our offices and/or
perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and federal laws,
Bright Power will allow for medical and religious exemptions from
the vaccine requirement.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESBright Power
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Bright Power's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Keywords: Bright Power, Inc., Oakland , Energy Engineer, Engineering , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!