Managed Services Engineer
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique
technology solutions and consulting services to our clients.
Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower
IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive
advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the
advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career
and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than
1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office
locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand
Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San
Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Ideal candidates will have qualities true to our core---
Street -Smart You are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing
environment. You know how your job affects the whole mission. You
get the bigger picture. You understand why your job matters to
Trace3 and how to help grow the business. You exercise sound
business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely
Entrepreneurial Spirit You think like an entrepreneur. You
continuously innovate, come up with solutions and drive change. You
solve problems for the betterment of the company. You look for new
and productive ways to make an impact. You find better ways to sell
or provide solutions and are good at it.
Juice You are a well-respected achiever that gets things done and
drives results. You "bring the weather" by demonstrating
leadership, character, and passion. You lead without a title,
empowering others and inspiring trust. You treat others with
respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it's due and demonstrate
transparency. You hug people in their trials, struggles, and
failures, not just their success.
About The Role
The Managed Services Engineer will provide technical expertise
primarily in hands-on technical troubleshooting on server, storage,
networking hardware, manage service requests, and incident
What You'll Do
- Review service requests, consult with users, and provide
technical analysis and deliverables to client.
- Responsible for answering phone and email requests in order to
meet customer SLA (service level agreement).
- Oversee the work being performed by third party providers,
partners while ensuring that Company standards are being adhered
- Implement "best practices", as communicated and agreed upon
with the end customer.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting on server, storage, networking
- Ensure hardware and software initiatives are implemented
according to Company standards.
- Attend or host remote sessions with the client and or vendor to
understand the need and steps for remediation.
- Access a wide variety of systems via the use of the
- Maintain current knowledge of industry data center trends and
- Assist the NOC (Network Operations Center) Solutions team with
compiling best practices.
- Provide "as-built" documentation per the agreement or
- Assist management in documenting new system details and fixes
pertaining to servers, storage, and networking for troubleshooting
- Configure equipment such as firewall, switches, routers,
servers, and storage hardware platform.
- Install equipment including racks, servers, and networking gear
into customer data centers or communication rooms.
- Provide documentation for asset management in the data
center/warehouse including maintaining accurate records of all
installed equipment and disposition of obsolete equipment.
Qualifications & Interests
- Associates Degree or higher preferred (or equivalent level of
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience with hands-on
troubleshooting on server, storage, networking hardware
- CompTIA and Linux Certifications or equivalent desired.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and
- Experience with online productivity tools (i.e. ConnectWise
Manage, WebEx, ServiceNow, Slack).
- Must have initiative and motivation to learn.
- Must be customer centric and can work under aggressive
- Ability to multi-task while adhering to Company and customer
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your
- 401(k) retirement plan, 529 college savings plan, life
insurance, and AD&D
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance (where we don't encourage fun and relaxation
time; we require it)
- To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited
agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our
careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company
location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Trace3, Oakland , Managed Services Engineer, Engineering , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!