Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on: September 15, 2018
About Comfy Comfy is on a mission to create amazing workplace experiences. We are a leading workplace app provider that connects people, places and systems. We started by solving the number one complaint in the office (temperature!), and continue to expand to our product suite to give employees greater control over their workplace, including room booking, lighting and feedback. We create amazing workplace experiences through a consumer-facing app for employees and solve real business problems for corporate real estate teams. Headquartered in Oakland, California, with expertise in machine learning, UX design and enterprise service, Comfy develops software solutions for everyone from the people who operate the building to the people who fill it.About the Role Comfy is looking for an experienced backend engineer to help scale our product and accelerate development and delivery while ensuring we maintain a secure, stable service. You'll own our backend infrastructure, monitoring, alerting and logging systems and developer experience, driving us towards more efficient work, performant systems and higher visibility. You'll be a hero to your coworkers for automating their work and removing obstacles.About You
- You can't wait to dig into our unique, complex infrastructure and get your head around out how it all fits together and how you can make it sing in tune.
- You learn new concepts, technologies and programming paradigms quickly.
- You love Linux, are proficient with POSIX and understand Ubuntu.
- You've been building systems for 3+ years and are excited to explain what you've worked on.
- You care about reliability and safety and consider tradeoffs when engineering a feature.
- You love to work cross-functionally, manage stakeholders, and balance competing priorities.
- You're what we've been missing: you see things from a different angle, you have ideas we've never thought of and your empathy, curiosity or sensitivity is infectious. Your Skills and Experience
- Experience in a production environment
- Knowledge of deployment and developer workflow using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience in Linux environments, especially networking technologies such as iptables and OpenVPN
- Deployment, logging, monitoring, security and automatic failover experience with container orchestration platforms on AWS and/or Azure
- In-depth knowledge of security best-practices, policy, access management and cryptography Technologies We Use
- Travis CI
- Azure Our Benefits Include
- Diverse, quirky, passionate and supportive team of coworkers
- Brand new, bright, airy office in sunny downtown Oakland close to BART
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness subsidy Our Promise to You We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that's what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutionsand we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Keywords: Comfy, Oakland , Senior Backend Engineer, Engineering , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!