Company: CPA Firm Management Association
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Whether you are a professional looking for the ideal position
within an accounting firm or an employer looking for high quality
candidates with experience, the CPAFMA Job Market can help narrow
your search. There is no cost to post an opening or a resume on the
CPAFMA Job Market. Mowat Mackie & Anderson LLP ("MMA") is looking
to add an experienced Firm Administrator with 10 plus years of
experience to lead and manage all administrative affairs and is
actively involved in all management functions of the firm. The Firm
Administrator operates at the partner level and reports to the
Partner group. Formalizes finance, personnel, and general
administration policy. Assists the HR Director in the firm's
recruiting program and hiring accountants. Directs administrative
personnel recruiting. Directs orientation, training, and/or
evaluation of both accounting and administrative staff with the HR
Director and the Education and Training Committee. Directs and
supervises the firm's financial affairs. Supervises management data
and reporting. Responsible for the supervision of all
administrative personnel and physical facilities. Is an ex officio
member of all committees and is an active participant in all
partner meetings.-- MMA is a dynamic and responsive, high-value CPA
firm that serves closely-held businesses, high net worth
individuals, trusts and estates, and other clients throughout
California and globally. We have active and engaged employees and
support our team with a robust benefits package as well as numerous
perks including team activities, training, education stipends, and
support--for community involvement. Additional benefits--include
competitive compensation, 401(k) and profit-sharing,
medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term
disability insurance.-- This is an ideal position for a smart,
motivated individual who is passionate about delivering strategic
value in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. A strong ability
to take charge and meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in
this multi-faceted role. Your responsibilities will include:
- Internal Accounting, financial and operational reporting.
Includes budgeting and cash management; managing banking
- Monitor overall profitability. Analyzes financial and operating
reports, identifies areas holding profits back, monitors the
productivity of firm personnel, monitors realization and
challenging write-offs, collections, and cost control.
- Staff and HR. Supervises administrative staff and HR Director.
The HR Director is responsible for firm recruiting, performance
management, salary administration, training, CPE documentation, the
mentoring program, new employee orientation, and benefits
- Partner activities. Works closely with partners. Attends all
partner meetings and retreats, plans agenda for partner meetings,
and monitors implementation of strategic plan goals and action
- Firm's systems. Manages most of the firm's systems including
time and billing, due date tracking and workflow, assembly and
delivery of work products, etc.
- Oversees the firm's IT support.
- Manages administrative issues - space planning, high-level
landlord issues, policies and procedures, and supervision of admin
- Insurance. Manages malpractice, property, and benefit insurance
- Marketing support. Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of work experience as a Firm Administrator.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- Public Accounting Firm Manager (PAFM) certification preferred,
but not required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Quick
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to assess problems or unusual
situations and quickly determine efficient solutions.
- Preferred working knowledge of CCH Products (ProSystem fx Tax,
Engagement, Client Portal, etc.) and XCM. Additional Knowledge and
- Able to prioritize, multitask, work under pressure, and handle
interruptions while maintaining flexibility in work
- Ability to independently perform all the duties of the position
efficiently and effectively.
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and
- You are highly collaborative and team-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-oriented
- You work well with little direction but know when to ask for
help and keep your team informed. Responsive, creative, high-value
CPA services for closely-held businesses, high net worth
individuals, trusts, and estates. Do you fit this description?
- Experienced and highly motivated
- Intellectually curious
- Looking for a challenging and stimulating environment
- Prefers a workplace that provides autonomy and rewards
independent and critical thinking
- Goes beyond ordinary compliance to provide outstanding service
to clients If so, you'd fit right in at MMA - and we'd like to
speak with you! We take great pride in delivering the
highest-quality service. Search Jobs Looking for a challenging and
rewarding position? Search the latest job openings for Accounting
Firm Administrators and related positions.
Start Your Job Search Search Resumes Are you an employer looking
for a high quality candidate to fill a position in your firm?
Search CPAFMA's resume database.
Start Your Resume Search Post Jobs Target your search and reach
qualified candidates to fill the position in your firm.
Post Job Openings Post Resumes Resume posting is a benefit of the
CPAFMA. This opportunity is open to current and potential members
Post Your Resume CPAFMA enables accounting firm managers to
communicate with one another and provide each other with the
benefits of everyone's experiences in what was a new and emerging
profession through a combination of local meetings and seminars,
and national conferences, publications and surveys.
Keywords: CPA Firm Management Association, Oakland , HR Director, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!