Director of Production and Operations
Company: Aristocrat Leisure
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Job Posting TitleDirector of Production and
OperationsSummarySelf Aware Games (a division of Big Fish Games),
creators of the category-leading social casino games Big Fish
Casino and Jackpot Magic Slots is looking for a seasoned, highly
motivated Director of Operations. The qualified candidate for this
multi-faceted, leadership role will own production across our
portfolio games, manage and develop a team of Technical Project
Managers, drive improvement to cross-functional processes, and
contribute to strategic operational planning as a key member of the
studio leadership team. This is a complex role that requires a
seasoned leader, who can negotiate and navigate across all aspects
of the business and technology, confidently executing to
commitments. This role will focus on developing talent and
delivering quality and efficiency in development practices to
support achievement of our goals. If you enjoy managing a team,
driving cross-functional efforts to level up the organization,
working in a fast development environment, and having a critical
impact on the studio's success, then this is the right position for
- The Director of Operations is responsible for the studio's
overall project management function, providing leadership,
integration and management of PMO processes and functions to
improve the consistency and efficiency of the project
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to
ensure that information relating to project deliverables, risks and
issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and that
key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Establish and implement a clear decision-making framework,
communicate the framework to teams and ensure that members follow
the structure during the production process.
- Recommend plans of action to handle delays that impact the
content, schedule or quality.
- Optimize and enhance work methods to simply and clearly
coordinate teams and working units.
- Maintain and improve on processes that support on-time and
on-quality delivery of all studio development projects, including
production framework, team structures, and roadmaps.
- Manage and develop the studio's Technical Project
- Define, track, and improve development key performance
- Identify and lead initiatives to improve and transform work
streams, organizational efficacy, and scalability.
- Work closely with General Manager and studio Leadership Team on
strategic initiatives, planning, roadmap, and organizational
- Partner with team leadership to create and recommend processes
and project plans that allow the teams to efficiently produce a
high-quality product on time and on budget.
- Make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work
methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available
- Works closely with stakeholders to understand the drivers and
business goals of studio initiatives, vetting business cases,
ensuring alignment with the strategic vision and appropriate
- Lead planning, organizing, and tracking of programs ensuring
program scope, schedule, quality and associated metrics are
adequately defined and delivered.
- Ensure that projects have integrated management and
communication activities and that stakeholders have adequate
understanding of program timelines, resource needs, risks,
contentions, and dependencies.
- Develop peer relationships in adjacent and dependent
- Drives Change management activities and communication of
- Advocate Agile management processes and protocols and drives a
culture of executional excellence.Qualifications
- 7-10 years of experience in project management or producer
roles, with at least 3 of those in a management capacity.
- Adept at and enjoys developing people along with processes and
- Passion for leading a diverse group of people and track-record
building high-functioning teams.
- Shipped multiple titles in a production role with a minimum of
three mobile game projects.
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall/SCRUM development with a
successful track record of collaboratively defining product
roadmaps and delivering against them using agile development
- Ability to succeed in challenging and ambiguous situations and
thrive in a fast paced, changing environment; pushes creative
thinking beyond the boundaries of existing practices and
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills with high
energy, strong executive presence, and proven ability to create
effective, matrix, cross-organization relationships, collaborating
and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and
- Proven ability to build, mentor, and retain a team of top
talent Big Fish Games is an equal-opportunity employer. We bring
unique talents together to build something special that's why we
welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of
race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status. Why Aristocrat?
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed,
Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen Our Winning
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success The US based roles may
require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB)
and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
LocationOakland, CA, USJob familyBig Fish GamesContract
TypeRegularTime TypeFull timeCompanyBig Fish Games Posted 30+ Days
Ago Full time R0005669 About Us Big Fish has innovated, developed
and published a diverse portfolio of world-class casual game
franchises since 2002. Well known for its popular games--Toy Story
Drop!,-- Gummy Drop! --and--Cooking Craze , Big Fish delights
millions of players each and every day. The company is dedicated to
"Play Inspired," delivering experiences to play, connect, compete
and discover anywhere and on any device. Big Fish is headquartered
in Seattle, Washington with a regional office in Oakland,
California, and is part of--Aristocrat Technologies, Inc.--For more
Keywords: Aristocrat Leisure, Oakland , Director of Production and Operations, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!