Renewable Energy Integration Director
Company: Geosyntec Consultants, Inc
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Geosyntec Consultants 587496 - Renewable Energy Integration
Oakland, CA 94607
Geosyntec prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified
professionals who have a diverse skillset, an advanced innovative
mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas.
Geosyntec is currently seeking a Renewable Energy Integration
Director to join our leadership team to help us grow our Energy
Transition practice as well as our Renewable Energy strategic
business and service offerings. This person will have an
entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic, and assist in leading
business development efforts and technical service offerings to
expand Geosyntec's market share. This position will support the
creation and implementation of new strategies by providing
strategic solutions to our clients' most complex problems.-- Ranked
by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is
internationally known for its technical leadership, broad
experience, and exceptional client service, our clients ask us to
address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving
the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business development, strategic development, and program
management for integration of renewable energy, storage, renewable
fuel and energy efficiency measures to clients seeking to pursue
carbon reductions and net zero energy operations.
- Identification and matching client needs with marketplace
opportunities for renewable energy integration.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular
client contact, participation in client-based professional
organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry
- Assist in the development, planning, permitting and
implementation of renewable energy and renewable fuels projects, as
well as providing integrated consulting, environmental, design and
construction support. Projects could include both utility scale and
commercial scale wind energy and solar power
projects,--hydropower--and pumped storage facilities, battery
storage, hydrogen, biofuels and other transitional and conventional
- Collaborate with leaders in our air services, sustainability,
engineering and natural resources practice areas to provide both
strategic solutions and implementation support.
- Provide strategic guidance and support for assessing business
risks and opportunities, and planning support for new and different
types of capital projects
- Assess and develop engineering solutions and strategies for
energy transition problems using multidisciplinary techniques and
- Assess benefits and quantify carbon reduction opportunities
with an understanding of carbon accounting and reporting
- Assess and impacts, costs and economic considerations of
projects with an understanding of evolving markets for carbon,
credits and incentives, current policy developments, and insight
into energy transactions.
- Manage projects and staff, including providing technical
leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring.
- Work closely with staff in other offices.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- Serve in a leadership role for the company culture and values
across the organization. Collaboration and mentoring are
cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. We operate under a
sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you'd work on
challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing
knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current
practices and capabilities through business development and client
management. You may also be asked to take on project management
responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical
practitioner position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first
aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm.
We also offer professional development opportunities including
in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our
professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary
to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork and overnight travel will also be necessary. Your
success is our success. We encourage our professionals to
continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is
based on an individual's own performance and initiative. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
civil, mechanical, environmental, engineering or related field.
- Advanced degree in civil, mechanical, environmental engineering
or related field (M.S. or Ph.D.). (preferred)
- Professional Engineering License. (preferred) SKILLS,
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years of experience in renewable energy integration
and project management or equivalent combination of education and
- At least 10 years in a project management and business
development role. (required)
- Thorough knowledge and experience with renewable energy
policies and integration regulations, including their relationship
to sustainability and carbon management strategies and targets.
- Proven track record of technical excellence and development of
client-focused, creative and practical solutions. (required)
- Demonstrated ability to generate new work and grow the business
segment, with a proven track record of success. (required)
- Demonstrated ability to support a variety of commercial,
corporate, municipal and/or private development projects.
- Exceptional oral and written-communication skills, as
demonstrated by a record of conference presentations and
peer-reviewed publications. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record
for business travel. (required)-- CULTURE/EEO STATEMENT Geosyntec
strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their
fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication
skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for
technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with
leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth,
and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing
Firm. Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're
looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and
rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized
for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and
business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can
learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/ Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans,
individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender
To view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:--
English ----- Spanish ----- Arabic ----- Chinese
To view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your
language:-- English ----- Spanish ----- Chinese
To view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the
link: English Accessibility: If you have a disability and would
like to request a reasonable accommodation related to applying for
employment, please contact Human Resources at
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Inc, Oakland , Renewable Energy Integration Director, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!