Director of Appliance Standards
Company: Energy Solutions
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Career Opportunities with Energy Solutions A great place to
work. Careers At Energy Solutions Share with friends or Subscribe!
Are you ready for new challenges and new opportunities? Join our
team! Current job opportunities are posted here as they become
available. We are currently seeking a full-time Director of
Appliance Standards - Advocacy to play a leadership role in our
Policy & Ratings Department and to help achieve Energy Solutions'
ambitious greenhouse gas reduction goals. The person selected to
fill this position will have extensive expertise in federal and/or
state appliance efficiency standards development and advocacy, as
well as the policy and technical background to provide vision and
guidance to an engineering team implementing complex policy
projects. As a leader in the Energy Solutions Policy & Ratings
Department, you will have a broad impact on state, national, and
international energy efficiency and demand management standards,
through our work for major North American utilities, government
agencies, and other national and international leaders in energy
efficiency policy. This unique opportunity, paired with Energy
Solutions' mission driven values, creates a perfect environment for
individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy
future in California and beyond. This position reports to the
Senior Director of the Policy and Ratings Department. Daily
responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited
- Oversee successful delivery of a portfolio of appliance
standards advocacy projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and oversee strategies
for all aspects of data collection, stakeholder engagement, market
research and technical analyses needed to support successful
adoption of appliance and equipment standards.
- Maintain and develop client relationships, serving as a trusted
partner for our current and new clients.
- Supervise a team of engineers, economists, and public policy
experts dedicated to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through
appliance and equipment standards.
- Communicate technical information to clients, stakeholders, and
policy decision makers (e.g., staff from the California Energy
- Review and provide quality assurance for technical analyses and
appliance standards proposals and reports.
- Oversee the team's approach to developing the partnerships and
alliances necessary for successful appliance standards
- Develop long term strategic plans for high impact
- Support efforts to improve compliance with existing and
proposed appliance standards requirements.
- Direct staffing and work allocation process for your team.
- Support the Senior Director in recruiting and hiring processes
for a growing team.
- Lead development of proposals and business development
- Track and forecast financial metrics and maintain and improve
processes to increase efficiency and predictability of
- Facilitate collaboration across internal and external teams
with the goal of achieving shared goals effectively. Minimum
qualifications for the position include:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in an energy-related or
policy-related discipline including but not limited to: engineering
(e.g. mechanical, electrical, civil, environmental, or chemical),
public policy, economics, or law.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience (graduate
school years applicable), including a minimum of 5 years of
experience related to energy efficiency standards.
- Deep understanding of California's Title 20 and/or Federal (US
DOE) appliance standards processes.
- Familiarity with appliance and equipment efficiency
opportunities to reduce energy use and GHG emissions, including
strategies for HVAC, water heating, lighting, commercial and
industrial products, white goods, consumer electronics, water
efficiency, electric vehicles, and/or load management.
- Professional experience facilitating collaborative dialogues
with industry stakeholders that participate in codes and standards
development initiatives and energy policy issues.
- Strong client management and project management
- Proven track record of successful supervision or organizational
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership to achieve
energy and climate goals.
- Existing professional network that include contacts within
utilities, government and professional organizations as well as
with vendors and manufacturers.
- Familiarity with the North American market for energy
efficiency, demand response, demand management, distributed
generation, storage, and distribution management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a
ability to write and review technical reports, and provide
technical presentations to knowledgeable audiences.
- Comfort making strategic and tactical decisions in support of
politically sensitive rulemakings, and strong sense of
- Collaborative nature and ability to work as part of a
- Willingness to conduct occasional business travel.
- Enthusiasm for supporting our company's mission.
- Curiosity and commitment to continued professional development.
At Energy Solutions we focus on the big impacts. And we believe
that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver
large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 25 years
we've harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based
solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Our turnkey products accelerate energy efficiency; enable
distributed energy resources; promote market development for
beneficial products; and provide technical and policy support to
set smart energy standards at the local, state, and national
levels. Because of our focus on the market, our innovative products
scale quickly and often deliver the majority of our clients' energy
savings. How do we do it? We look at the market end-to-end to
target the best new technologies, work with key partners in the
supply chain for seamless adoption, and then help governments and
our market partners set rules that require people to use these
beneficial technologies. Why do we do it? Simply put, our
market-based products deliver environmental and resource solutions
that are better for business and better for society. Compensation
is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement
package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package
including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax
contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background
check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to
work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE
Keywords: Energy Solutions, Oakland , Director of Appliance Standards, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!