VP State Accounts Apply to This Job
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Remarks: This position is responsible for achieving/exceeding
annual membership targets at sustainable revenue and margin in the
Strategic Accounts market segment. S/he provides strategic
leadership and direction to position Company for short-term and
long-term success, including the recruitment, retention and
development of top talent in the industry. A critical role for this
position is to develop and/or enhance strong business relationships
with customers, key consultants and other market influencers in
this segment in order to ensure Companys collaboration, influence
and strategic positioning in the health care marketplace. This
position must lead complex engagements that occur on multiple
levels and in different venues. S/he will be accountable for both
California and Enterprise engagement, collaboration and execution.
These engagements require the leader to demonstrate Companys value
and that Company is a trusted partner;Managing these key
relationships requires well-developed ability to influence all
relevant stakeholders combined with executive presence, confidence,
and communication skills. Provide Strategic Leadership for Market
- Develop and achieve membership, revenue, and margin goals for
the Strategic business segment in collaboration with national,
regional and functional leaders.
- Lead the development and implementation of the strategic
business plan for CA Strategic Accounts.
- Lead the development and execution of engagement strategies for
the overall Strategic book of business, ensuring Companys role as
trusted partner and industry expert.
- Work effectively with senior leaders, management and other
business partners in Health Plan Operations as well as partnering
with Permanente Medical Groups and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals to
help meet customer needs through products, pricing, contract
execution, data sharing and additional marketing activity to drive
membership growth and financial performance within this
- Establish and cultivate relationships with a network of major
consultants, key business and health care industry leaders in order
to ensure that Company's position and presence are integrated at
appropriate leadership levels.
- Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics
and develop and implement strategies that ensure growth, mitigate
adverse risk and differentiate Company in the market.
- Organize and engage Company senior leadership to work with key
- Collaborate with VPs and Directors of CA and National market
segments (New Sales, Labor and Trust, National, Large Group, State)
to create a common account management identity and account planning
process across all of account management. Lead Regional and
Enterprise Strategic Initiatives
- Collaborate with enterprise leaders on the development and
execution of a consultant strategy to expand and strengthen our
relationships with these key marketplace influencers.
- Utilize experience with customer/consultant meetings to inform
- Ensure enterprise engagement with program-wide implications on
all strategic initiatives.
- Engage and collaborate with national and regional leadership
across the enterprise. Coach and Develop Leaders and Staff
- Participate in on-going talent review processes to ensure the
right people are doing the right job, and identify performance
- Lead segment talent review process to accelerate development of
high performers, bring others up to high performance standards, and
prepare employees for key roles in succession planning.
- Drive a performance/results-oriented culture.
- Model a coaching culture that supports continuous growth and
development for staff.
- Collaborate with other managers within this business line to
develop and implement coaching plans for all staff.
- Allocate resources and work with Health Plan Workforce
Development to support orientation, recruitment, hiring and
training of staff to reinforce the importance of people to Companys
success in the marketplace.
- Create a work environment that is a magnet for top tier sales
professionals to thrive.
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent in the industry. Basic
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in sales management,
preferably in leadership roles in sales, marketing, or business
development in the health care industry. Education
- A Bachelors degree in business, marketing or a related field is
required. License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of the health plan/health benefits marketplace, and
sales and account management. Ability and desire to continually
update that knowledge by remaining connected to market
- Demonstrated expertise in using financial, marketing, sales,
and other data to make or influence decisions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, motivational,
negotiation, influencing, communication, and conflict management
skills. Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and
public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated success in a shared-decision culture that is
highly regulated, while keeping work at its required pace.
- A Masters degree or evidence of ongoing educational development
More Jobs Like This Job No. 652601
SVP Divisional Sales Manager
Remote, FL Remote, US
Job No. 652594
VP of Sales
Job No. 652575
VP AMERS Channel Sales
Redwood City, CA Dallas, TX
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Oakland , VP State Accounts Apply to This Job, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!