VP, Labor & Trust - CA
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Description - VP, Labor & Trust - CA (941109) VP, Labor &
Trust - CA Job Number: 941109 Posting Date : Feb 23, 2021, 11:35:56
PM Description This position is responsible for leading account
management for the Labor and Trust markets in Northern and Southern
California. S/he is accountable for achieving/exceeding annual
membership targets at sustainable revenue and margin across
Northern and Southern California regions. S/he provides strategic
leadership and direction to position Kaiser Permanente for
short-term and long-term success,including the recruitment,
retention and development of top talent in the industry. The Labor
and Trust line of business leader also will collaborate and align
with national Labor and Trust leadership and other regional labor
leaders across the enterprise. S/he will need to work
collaboratively with the Coalition of KP Unions (CKPU) in CA to
leverage KPs unique Labor Management Partnership through a formal
joint marketing growth initiative. Additionally, s/he is
responsible for creating and driving best practices across CA to
implement that strategy. A critical role for this position is to
develop and/or enhance strong business relationships with
customers, key consultants/brokers, national labor union leadership
and other market influencers in the multiple market segments in
order to ensure Kaiser Permanentes collaboration, influence and
strategic positioning in the health care marketplace.S/he will be
accountable for both California and Enterprise engagement,
collaboration and execution. This position must lead complex
engagements that occur on multiple levels and in different venues.
These engagements require the leader to demonstrate Kaiser
Permanentes value and that Kaiser Permanente is a trusted advisor.
Managing these key relationships requires well-developed ability to
influence all relevant stakeholders combined with executive
presence, confidence, and communication skills.
Essential Responsibilities: Provide Strategic Leadership for Market
- Develop and achieve membership, revenue, and margin goals for
the Labor and Trust business segment in collaboration with
national, regional, and functional leaders.
- Develop and implement business-line strategy for Labor and
- Develop and execute engagement strategies for overall Labor and
Trust book of business, ensuring Kaiser Permanentes role as a
trusted advisor and industry expert.
- Work effectively with senior leadership and other business
partners in Health Plan Operations as well as partnering with
Permanente Medical Groups and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals to help
meet customer needs through products, pricing, contract execution,
data sharing and additional marketing activity to drive membership
growth and financial performance within this segment.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key customers, trust
funds, consultants, brokers, and key business and health care
industry leaders in order to ensure that Kaiser Permanentes
position and presence are integrated at appropriate leadership
- Anticipate key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics
and develop and implement strategies that ensure growth, mitigate
adverse risk and differentiate Kaiser Permanente in the
- Engage Kaiser Permanente senior leadership across the
enterprise to work with key Labor and Trust accounts.
- Collaborate with VPs and Directors of CA and National market
segments (Strategic, New Sales, Large Group and National) to create
a common account management identity and account planning process
across all of account management.
- Co-Chair KPs National Labor Advisory Committee w/ VP and
National Director of Labor and Trust. Lead Regional and Enterprise
- Utilize experience with challenging purchaser/consultant
meetings to inform sales strategies.
- Ensure business line engagement on all strategic initiatives
with program-wide implications. Coach and Develop Leaders and
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent in the industry.
- Participate in on-going talent review processes to ensure the
right people are doing the right job and identify performance
- Lead segment talent review process to accelerate development of
high performers, bring others up to high performance standards, and
prepare employees for key roles in succession planning.
- Drive a performance/results-oriented culture.
- Model a coaching culture that supports continuous growth and
development for staff.
- Collaborate with other managers within this business line to
develop and implement coaching plans for all staff.
- Ensure that staff are competent and capable of using our
marketing mix to position us for maximum membership growth at a
- Allocate resources and work with Health Plan Workforce
Development to support orientation, recruitment, hiring and
training of staff to reinforce the importance of people to Kaiser
Permanentes success in the marketplace.
- Create a work environment that is a magnet for top tier sales
professionals to thrive. Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- 10-15 years of experience in sales management, preferably in
leadership roles in sales, marketing, or business development in
the health care industry.
- A Bachelors degree in business, marketing or a related field is
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of the health plan / health benefits marketplace, and
sales and account management. Ability and desire to continually
update that knowledge by remaining connected to market
- Demonstrated expertise in using financial, marketing, sales,
and other data to make or influence decisions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, motivational,
negotiation, influencing, communication, and conflict management
skills. Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and
public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated success in a shared-decision culture that is
highly regulated, while keeping work at its required pace.
- A Masters degree or evidence of ongoing educational development
is preferred. Primary Location : California-Oakland-1800 Harrison
Scheduled Hours (1-40) : 40 Shift : Day Working Days : Mon-Fri
Working Hours Start : 08:00 AM Working Hours End : 05:00 PM Job
Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Standard Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor Job Category : Sales and
Marketing Public Department Name : Po/Ho Corp - Rgnl Clrng- CA
Shared Srvcs - 0308 Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time Employee Group :
NUE Executives-NUE-Non Union Employee Kaiser Permanente is an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Click
here for Important Additional Job Requirements. Share this job with
a friend You may also share this job description with a friend by
email or social media. All the relevant details will be included in
the message. Click the button labeled Share that is next to Submit
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Oakland , VP, Labor & Trust - CA, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!