Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At Altais, we're looking
for--bold--and--curious--innovators--who share our passion for
enabling better health care experiences and revolutionizing the
healthcare system for physicians, patients, and the clinical
community. Doctors today are faced with the reality of spending
more time on administrative tasks than caring for patients.
Physician burnout and fatigue are an epidemic, and the healthcare
experience and quality suffer as a result. At Altais, we're
building breakthrough clinical support tools, technology, and
services to let doctors do what they do best: care for people. Come
join us as an early member of our passionate and growing team as we
change the game for the future of healthcare and enable the
experience that people need and deserve. Are you looking to build
your career in healthcare--and be part of a growing and dynamic
team? We've got a great opportunity to be part of a start-up
business with the resources and leadership of an experienced
next-generation clinical and services organization. We believe that
people are our greatest asset and looking for an exceptional
Director of Contracting to join the Altais and deliver inspired
solutions that change the way healthcare is delivered.-- As the
Director, you will be responsible for the execution of the sourcing
process for goods and services including supporting the business to
make effective sourcing decisions and establish supplier contracts.
- Maintaining alignment with the Altais' objectives and strategy
to optimize business value through strategic, operational and
transactional sourcing relationships.--
- Ensure contract terms are in alignment with corporate
objectives and strategy and that they optimize business value.
- Partner with business owners, legal, products teams and
financial planning and analysis to ensure commercial sales
contracts are accurate, complete, represent services sold and
aligned with business strategy.
- Partnering with organizational leaders to understand business
needs to negotiate, write, and evaluate vendor contracts,
commercial sales agreements, and other transactional agreements in
accordance with standard business terms and company
- Communicate and present key contract terms to stakeholders
ensuring details, benefits and potential disadvantages are clearly
defined and articulated.--
- Managing enterprise-wide contracting initiatives, negotiations
& key contract terms (expirations, mid-term requirements etc.) and
- Fostering cooperation, communication, and partnership to
increase competition throughout the supply chain including placing
greater emphasis on relationship-building to facilitate and ensure
- Operating as a trusted advisor to deliver on culture of
affordability initiatives and furthering the supplier relationship
management operating model and practice.
- In collaboration with business owner, assist in sourcing
appropriate vendors for desired solution.
- Develop sourcing policy and process management, including
continuous education program deployment and compliance; execute
them with excellence.
- Maintain documents related to all contracts and oversee the
Contracts Management system.
- Ensure key terms, milestones and triggers are known, managed,
and acted upon timely.
- Ensure contract process has positive momentum and moving
towards close-out, extension, or renewal.
- Effectively problem solve contract related issues.
- Foster cooperation, communication and partnership with Parent
company, suppliers, and customers.--
- A strategic partner with financial planning and analysis and
key business owners in evaluating performance under both vendor and
sales contract arrangements; assist with business plan scenarios as
- Create and maintain relationships with both suppliers and
customers. The Skills, Experience & Education You Bring:
- Minimum 10 years' experience.
- SaaS/Cloud software industry knowledge and experience
- Healthcare industry knowledge a plus Working knowledge building
standard templates, leading negotiation, contract process,
supplier, and customer relationship management.
- Working knowledge and experience negotiating commercial
- Requires business acumen, strategic thinking, financial
analytical skills, and decision-making skills.
- Experience using Contracts Management system. You Share our
Mission & Values:--
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience
and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things
and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality
of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates
emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and
always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than
individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing
diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by
demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and
transparency. Additional Information
- About Company: At Altais, we're looking for bold and curious
innovators who share our passion for enabling better health care
experiences and revolutionizing the healthcare system for
physicians, patients, and the clinical community. Doctors today are
faced with the reality of spending more time on administrative
tasks than caring for patients. Physician burnout and fatigue are
an epidemic, and the healthcare experience and quality suffer as a
result. At Altais, we're building breakthrough clinical support
tools, technology, and services to let doctors do what they do
best: care for people. Come join us as an early member of our
passionate and growing team as we change the game for the future of
healthcare and enable the experience that people need and
- EEO Footer: Altais is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Shield
of California. Candidates hired to work for Altais, Altais Health,
and Altais Clinical Services will be employed by California
Physicians' Services dba Blue Shield of California. External hires
must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with
arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for
employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local
laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status or disability status and any other classification protected
by Federal, State and local laws
- Posting Date: Mar 18, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time My Profile Create and manage profiles for
future opportunities. Altais is an Equal opportunity Employer .All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender, identity, sexual orientaion, or Veteran
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Oakland , Director, Contracting, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!