Global Upstream Product Manager
Company: Topcon Positioning Systems (Topcon)
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Based in Oakland, NJ, Topcon is a comprehensive diagnostic
device manufacturer within the worldwide eye care community. It
introduced the world's first commercial back-of-the-eye Spectral
Domain (SD) and Swept Source (SS) optical coherence tomography
(OCT) systems, which have driven innovation in eye care. More
recently, to develop the most efficient, pragmatic and
state-of-the-art solutions, Topcon formed a new strategic division,
Topcon Healthcare Solutions, whose primary objective is to create
world-class software solutions for the eye care industry and
beyond. The company's products enable the collection and
visualization of a wide range of imaging and clinical data while
providing quantitative and clinical analysis capabilities. Topcon's
software gives clinicians access to patient exam data captured from
OCTs, Visual Fields, Fundus Cameras, and other Topcon and
third-party devices. Topcon leverages its new data management
system called Topcon Harmony, where practitioners gain access to
both DICOM and non-DICOM information stored in a central,
cloud-based environment. Additionally, Topcon now provides an
integrated service that connects practitioners to an extensive
network of reading services to assist in the management of
sight-threatening eye diseases. Description:
- Create and implement the long-term product strategy to achieve
- Provide annual strategy update for assigned products
- Work closely with Product Planning, R&D and Regulatory
Affairs to shepherd the product enhancement/new product development
- Provide marketing deliverables to product development
- Manage global launch for new products, next generation
products, and product enhancements
- Provide product, pricing, distribution and positioning strategy
for assigned products
- Work closely with Downstream Product Manager to provide content
for launch messaging, sales training materials, promotional
campaign and point of sale collateral materials.
- Work closely with Medical Affairs team and KOLs to gain
clinical literature and validation support for applications of
- Monitor performance trends: Gather market data from all sales
organizations and customers world-wide, propose sales targets
- Competitive intelligence: Collect, maintain and disseminate
competitive intelligence, about e.g. positioning, selling
arguments, clinical research etc. Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or technical degree is
- 5+ years in related technical field accepted as a substitute
for technical degree.
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Clinical experience is preferred.
- Previous product development and launch experience in complex
products and/or product families is required. Direct experience
with ophthalmic product development, and launch is strongly
- Previous experience with OCT is preferred.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communications
- Experienced knowledge of spreadsheet financial analysis, word
processing and presentation software.
- Good analytical skills and ability to manage and work
cross-functionally in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experienced working in a highly regulated product space
required. Experience working with FDA 510(k) process preferred.
Topcon Healthcare sees eye health differently. Our vision is to
empower providers with smart and efficient technologies for
enhanced patient care. Keeping pace with the ever-changing
landscape of the healthcare industry, we offer the latest
integrated solutions including advanced multimodal imaging,
vendor-neutral data management and groundbreaking remote diagnostic
technology. A globally-oriented business, Topcon is focused on
developing solutions towards solving societal challenges in the
mega-domains of healthcare, agriculture, and infrastructure. In
healthcare, these challenges include increasing eye disease, rising
medical costs, access to healthcare and physician shortages. By
investing in value-driven innovations, Topcon works to enable
people to enjoy good health and a high quality of life.
Keywords: Topcon Positioning Systems (Topcon), Oakland , Global Upstream Product Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!