Company: Marqeta, Inc.
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Marqeta HR strives to revolutionize human resources in the same
way that Marqeta is revolutionizing payments. We are helping to
find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our
Marqetans. - The Director, HRBP will be responsible for a strategic
group of Marqetans, our Business Operations team. You will lead a
team of HRBPs to define the capabilities required to support
Marqeta's Legal, Finance, Strategy and People leadership in
executing against our corporate strategy and annual goals. - You
will collaborate with senior leadership, influence the
organizational strategy and structure, build a talent pipeline
across several functions, and create a meaningful team culture that
enables Marqetans to do the best work of their lives. You will
think strategically, use data to guide your work, be comfortable
challenging business leaders, and drive impact on how work is done.
At Marqeta, the HRBP organization plays a major role in driving the
company's success. HRBPs are strategists, consultants, coaches,
culture carriers, thought-partners and change agents. You'll
partner with our Chief Financial Officer, Chief Legal Officer,
Chief People Officer, and SVP, International, Strategy and Planning
to help them build their organizations, grow top talent and ensure
all people's decisions are based on data. You'll play an essential
role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive
Marqeta through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion
practices. You will have a successful and progressively responsible
leadership track record in reputable companies. You will be an
experienced HR leader with an organization development orientation.
The ideal candidate will bring creative and effective
organizational solutions to cultivate an amazing and innovative
culture. Also, critical for success is this person's ability to
relate to and influence in fast-paced technology company. Marqeta
is in an unprecedented growth phase and as an HRBP here, you'll
have the opportunity to directly influence how the organization
takes shape, fulfills our Vision and lives up to our Values. You
will partner with leaders as a strategic advisor across all
organizational areas and bring your deep expertise to a vibrant and
evolving company - you will be instrumental in establishing
organizational practices, operating guidelines, leadership
approaches, and general people practices for the Marqeta of
tomorrow. What you'll do
- As part of the Business Operations Executives inner circle of
leadership, build relationships with business leaders to offer
thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy
and execution. Align organizational capabilities, talent and org
structure to achieve Marqeta's strategic growth plans.
- Build an amazing team of HRBPs.
- Help design and lead the delivery of Marqeta's people practices
including talent assessment and planning, organization design and
development, performance management, and culture development.
- Define, design and drive effective change management strategies
that continually evolve business operation's organization to
achieve Marqeta's strategic goals. -
- Consult with Marqeta's leaders to create a comprehensive people
plan to influence lasting change over all functions.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: performance
management, career planning, coaching, data analysis, compensation
and rewards, employee relations, learning and development,
recognition programs, and strategic development.
- Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions based on
business needs. Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and
quantitative data to help improve organizational health. Interpret
complex analyses and tie back to business priorities.
- Lead the overall Performance Summary Cycle and employee
engagement survey throughout the year.
- Inspire, partner, and drive results alongside HR colleagues in
Recruiting, Employee Relations, Learning & Development,
Compensation, and Legal to implement solutions and help scale the
- Lead across diversity & inclusion strategies.
- Design and facilitate team and offsite meetings.
- Lead and provide creative solutions to strengthen the People
team and enable the organization to perform effectively
- Solve challenges and get to the root cause of any issue, no
matter how complex. Design and quickly implement solutions that cut
across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and
functional solutions. What we're looking for -
- Experience and proven results in the HRBP role, creating
measurable impact on a major business unit. -
- Significant experience (10+ years) with all aspects of HR
including deep operational experience
- Demonstrated mastery of cross-functional HR functions and
experience influencing and strategically solving complex
- Demonstrated experience scaling support across a large and
growing global organization
- Experience managing others
- Demonstrated solid judgment and experience assessing risk
relative to the business
- Demonstrated learning and leading in a constantly changing
environment and a proven ability to cultivate relationships across
- Proven experience leading complex, transformational
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive
- Experience leading across global and/or matrixed organizations
- Expert consulting, coaching and facilitation skills including
Keywords: Marqeta, Inc., Oakland , Director, HRBP, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!