Senior Project Manager - Solar IE
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Local Unit & Position Description:Do you want to be part of the
world's leading energy consulting firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact
society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive
in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Then you may find the Senior Project Manager in our Solar
Independent Engineering Team position to be a great fit for
DNV - Energy's Renewables Advisory group is seeking a Senior
Project Manager to join our Solar Independent Engineering (IE)
team. DNV is the world's leading renewable energy consultant, and
DNV's Solar IE team holds a substantial market position for
independent engineering services to support financing and
construction of solar energy projects in North America and our
staff are viewed as experts and thought leaders in the industry. In
this role, our team provides technical consulting and independent
engineering services for solar project developers, financial
institutions, and investors who rely upon our reports as part of
their investment decision making process. The Project Manager will
be responsible for organizing the technical due diligence review
process to support the finance and construction of solar projects
in North America; communicating and resolving technical issues with
clients and lenders/investors; and travelling to project sites in
all parts of the country to perform ongoing site inspections PV
This position is based out of our San Diego CA, Portland OR,
Oakland CA, Seattle WA, Austin TX, Chalfont PA, OR , Medford, MA
,or a remote location.
What You'll Do
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe
execution and healthy work environment.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among
internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering,
energy assessment, technology experts, permitting, etc).
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including
contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews.
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of
the due diligence reports.
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project
developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on
such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related
to due diligence work.
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV, including
performing site visits.
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts for the Solar
IE team, including leading tool development, process refinement,
and lessons learned activities.Position Qualifications:What is
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in the solar
- Experience in the context of engineering, estimation,
construction, development, origination, consulting, project
management, technology, asset management, or finance.
- Familiarity with energy industry technology (modules,
inverters, mounting system, balance of system, etc)
- Project management and time management skills, including an
ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to
establish and maintain good relations with clients.
- Solution-oriented thinking skills - identifying technical risks
and formulating solutions.
- Displaying high integrity and honesty - clients rely on DNV's
independence and its responsibility to perform a rigorous but fair
review of a project.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills,
including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports,
presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex
technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background
- Masters degree.
- Familiarity with contracts (construction, supply, operations,
interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts).
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Some concentration of experience in at least one of the
following: solar industry construction and operating contracts,
solar project construction, operations/asset management, solar
project design/development, module/inverter technology, power
marketing/offtake contracting, or energy storage technology and
implementation .Having experience in the wind industry or other
renewables may be advantageous
- Experience manging people.
- Business development experience.
- Innovation and process improvement mindset.
- Able to sit for long periods of time, when working in office;
but also climb rooftops with appropriate gear and walk over rough
or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time.
(Note: travel expectations are significantly curtailed during the
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By
joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a
global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a
congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an
exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and
inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day.
Read more here:
Diversity at DNVMeet our EmployeesAbout DNVCareers in DNV
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for
employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more
information about your rights under the law, see:
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV
provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be
hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide
array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of
experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado
only, the range of starting pay for this role is $100000 -
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description:DNV is the independent expert
in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100
countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we
advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry
benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our
advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As
the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and
technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate
the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally
and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to
realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all
stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy
Keywords: DNV, Oakland , Senior Project Manager - Solar IE, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!