Director of Safety
Company: PCC Logistics
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Safety Director IN San Leandro, CA
Benefits: This position offers a benefits package to include:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
PCC Logistics is a full-service third-party logistics company whose
corporate headquarters is located in San Leandro, CA including
multiple facilities in all major West Coast Ports, specializing in
warehousing, transportation, distribution, and cross-docking, seeks
a results-oriented Safety Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct oversight of auditing, reporting, safety inspections,
administering safety policies and procedures, and implementing
safety training programs in compliance with local, state, and
federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules
- Work with corporate and local management on accident/incident
investigations and reports of employee injuries and vehicular
- Leads the investigation of accidents, injuries, and cooperates
in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in
hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations
- Ability to create SOP s, policies for the Safety
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or
potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or
preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure
measures have been implemented
- Responsible for and provides information, signs, posters,
barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual
safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions for
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment meets safety regulations
and that all equipment and tools are used correctly by
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and
staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Designs training for all levels of employees & ensures
personnel training and corrective action follow-up are
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis,
and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of compliance
controls, compliance procedures and operational processes.
- Ensures all positions in the company are ergonomic
- Monitor and assist in enforcement of DOT and FMCSA regulations
to ensure compliance.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all regulations and
record keeping concerning driver hours of service, vehicle
maintenance, driver fitness, etc.
- Maintains safety files and records
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with regulatory agencies required (DOT, OSHA, CDC,
CAL-OSHA, WISHA etc.)
- Must be detail and service oriented with good computer and
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
in the English language.
- Outstanding interpersonal and people skills, be
service-oriented and a true team player
- Must be flexible and able to adapt easily in a fast-paced work
Apply Online Below
Keywords: PCC Logistics, Oakland , Director of Safety, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!