Company: 2B Living Property Management
Posted on: June 19, 2022
2B Living is a best-in-class third party Property Management
Firm that currently manages traditional family apartments, luxury
new construction, commercial and affordable housing properties
numbering -2,800 units and -350 properties located throughout the
Bay Area.We've experienced significant growth over the last 3 years
and have been named one of fastest growing private companies in the
Bay Area 2019, 2020, and 2021 and ranked #1 Best Place to Work by
the National Apartment Association and in the San Francisco
Business Times in 2019 2020, and 2021.2B Living has endeavored to
build the best-in-class property management service for property
owners while providing an unparalleled rental experience for
tenants. We embrace technology, employ talented people, care about
tenants and the communities we operate in and drive value for our
clients. And maybe we reshape the industry while we are at it.2BL's
- Best-In-Class - Commit to build it better
- Act With Courage - Own the problem and have a relentless
commitment to seeing it through
- Embrace Reality, Solve it Together - Seek perfection through
- Move the Needle - Stay focused and demonstrate progress
- See the Whole Board - Think beyond the task
- Own an Authentic Mindset - Embrace unique people, properties,
and ideasThe Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the daily
oversight of the maintenance technician team and the timely
execution of tenant and property manager created work orders. The
Maintenance Manager will track, and monitor resident and staff work
order requests and ensure timely completion of routine and project
related work orders, and appropriate follow-up communications. This
includes knowledge of electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and
fire alarm systems. The Maintenance Manager will train staff on all
required safety procedures, proper equipment use, and department
and facility policy and procedures as required. The Maintenance
Manager participates in financial performance improvement and
participates as directed in activities relating to quality
improvement and resident/employee satisfaction.Maintenance Manager
- Serve as a liaison between Maintenance and Property Management
departments facilitating effective communication and timely
- Assign maintenance work orders and follow up with the team
regarding timely execution and updates to the property management
- Inventory Management: including ordering parts, tools,
materials to assist maintenance and property management teams.
- Assist in coordinating skill-based training programs for the
Maintenance Technician team.
- Coordinate after-hour emergency responses with Maintenance
Technicians for maintenance emergencies.
- Generate and review appropriate weekly and monthly maintenance
reports to determine if there are any current or potential issues,
and make recommendations as needed.
- In coordination with Property Managers, will address tenant
concerns and provide appropriate follow up of work orders.
- Ensure that all contracts for capital projects and ongoing
maintenance are coordinated, properly bid, and completed in
accordance with company standards. May be responsible for oversight
and management of capital projects.
- Perform Quality Control checks for service request process for
technician and subcontracted work to ensure time and quality
expectations are met.
- Solicits and analyzes contractor bids for preventive
maintenance and repair and replacement contracts that exceed the
expertise of onsite staff and makes recommendations to the Regional
- Supports Regional Managers with developing or identifying the
appropriate scope of work for bidders for small projects on an as
needed basis (e.g. individual unit repairs, projects under $10,000,
routine replacements such as water heaters)
- Identifies qualified vendors in cooperation with Regional
Manager and Client and hosts bid meetings and walk-throughs.
- Participate in hire, termination, and progressive discipline in
coordination with HR and provide regular updates to the Director of
Facilities and Maintenance.Safety Knowledge:
- General knowledge of HUD Uniform Physical Condition Standards
and Federal Housing Quality Standards.
- General knowledge of OSHA and Cal/OSHA regulations pertaining
to worker protection and an understanding of how to locate the
current applicable regulations.
- General knowledge of building codes pertaining to multifamily
- Knowledge of proper disposal of hazardous materials, electronic
and universal waste.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to assign duties and supervise subordinate employees if
necessary.Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- College Degree or at least 2-4 years of relevant Maintenance
Management or Coordinating experience
- Experience managing or coordinating a maintenance team
- Ability to maintain competing priorities and manage time
- Maintenance and repair work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and GSuite
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication
skills2BL BenefitsWhen you join 2B Living, you won't be treated as
simply another employee - you will be considered a team member in
our shared success. As such, we are committed to investing in your
personal success through a benefits program that supports our
employees by taking compensation well beyond a paycheck.We
recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That's
why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical,
dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits
options to employees, like a 401K plan, education reimbursement
program, and career and professional development training.2B Living
Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Type:
Keywords: 2B Living Property Management, Oakland , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!