Strategic Account Manager
Company: CB Insights
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Drive growth and adoption. Retain and upsell clients. Partner
strategically. The Role You'll PlayCB Insights is looking for a
Strategic Account Manager to cultivate and grow our existing
enterprise client base. You will identify new opportunities while
maximizing customer benefit and adoption of our software platform.
The Strategic Account Manager is the CEO of our customers,
coordinating other teams to maximize customer outcomes. They will
foster long-term relationships, procuring subscription renewals,
and growing account revenue through cross and upsell
opportunities.About The Customer Success TeamWe are unique mostly
because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them
solve, and our team's diversity.Every day our team speaks with
people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to
help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest
organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends.
Being a part of the CBI Customer Success team means being a part of
that equation.The uniqueness of the CS Team is guided by our
group's diversity. You can look around and you'll find very few
people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which
creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy,
and success.Your Main Tasks
- Partner with Strategic Account Executives to design and execute
highly-effective outreach campaigns to potential new clients
(covering warm and cold relationships)
- Collaborate with team members to secure deals through effective
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure knowledge transfer regarding
account development, outreach progress, and opportunity
- Work on essential projects that increase our effectiveness
within account management and business development (e.g. map
competitors, develop new outreach capabilities, capture market
- Create and cultivate deep and meaningful relationships with our
top customers and build their loyalty and adoption towards CBI
- Manage, and being the primary contact for customers
- Maximize revenue with customers by identifying needs and
customer pain points
- Leverage analytical skills and experience to assess business
- Liaise between the customer and other teams
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers, educating them on the
value of CB Insights's platform and services
- Identify creative strategies to engage customers and produce
- Promote CB Insights, tailoring its presentation to the needs of
different customer types
- Partner with our Intelligence Unit, Product, and Business
Development teams to increase customer experience and outcomesWhat
You Bring To The Table
- B.S. or B.A. in business management, finance, economics or
similar study (or relevant experience). MBA preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years of quota-busting success in strategic account
management and/or customer success, within enterprise software or
SaaS. Must have experience with F500/Global2000 clients.
- Solid background managing complex renewals.
- Expertise with Excel and CRMs, preferably Salesforce and
proficiency communicating data from those tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.You'll Be Successful
Here If You Have
- Real passion for serving customers.
- The ability to establish credibility with key customer decision
makers & influencers.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills;
extraordinary listening skills.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates
solutions that deliver real business value.
- Ability to recognize and maximize new business
- Comfort with negotiation.
- Multi tasking down to a science; handling multiple accounts &
- A commitment to exceed goals that is internal, constant &
self-imposed.What's CB Insights All AboutThe CB Insights platform
is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies.
We help the world's leading companies accelerate their digital
strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging
Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence
to help you discover and manage your response to emerging
technology startups and markets.Full Time Perks
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards,
Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffeeWe know that
diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking.
We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and
encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we
are looking for. Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit
here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!
Keywords: CB Insights, Oakland , Strategic Account Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!