Medical Director - Addiction Medicine
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Full Time Medical Director Addiction Medicine Opportunity-
Oakland, CaliforniaJOB SUMMARYBAART Programs is looking for a
Medical Director to lead our Medically Assisted Treatment programs.
The Medical Director serves as the Physician for several narcotic
treatment programs (NTP) in our Sun Valley, California as
designated by BAART and accepted by Physician.This individual
provides patient care, medical evaluation, establishes dosing
levels, and interacts as necessary with Federal, state, county &
other regulatory bodies. The Medical Director trains & manages
subordinate physician extenders and provides MAT services directly
to patients. BAART is looking for a physician that is looking to
make a difference in our patients lives.Patient Care
- Planning and supervising provision of treatment for patients
(including regular review and notes in the patients record)
according to established CSAT and state guidelines with a strong
emphasis on quality & customer service.
- Signs patient record notes
- Oversees patient care provided by physician extender, signs
charts, dosing levels, etc., when applicable
- Admitting Patients for Methadone and Buprenorphine
- Oversight of any patient site emergencies
- Physician will obtain a history and physical exam.
- Examination results to meet Federal and state guidelines and
refers patient for care elsewhere when indicated (including
appropriate follow up)Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Initiates, alters and terminates replacement narcotic therapy
medications following strict protocols meeting the approval of
Federal & state guidelines as well as current medical literature
for patient care.
- Supervises the administration and dispensing of
- Confers with patients private physician as needed.
- Examines staff after on-the-job accidents or injuries as
- Serves as a clinic in-service resource.
- Provides patient education specific to various disease
processes within our scope of practice.
- Oversees the continuum of care process for patients.
- Maintains strict patient, employee, company and computer
- Board Certified or Eligible in Addiction Medicine
- Board Certified in a residency required.
- Current California license and X-waiver DEA license.
- Ability to prescribe methadone & buprenorphine.
- Have completed the 8 hour buprenorphine training. (Can complete
- At least 2 year experience in Addiction Medicine.
- Must be able to sign off on NP/PA charts.
- Satisfactory drug screen and background check. COVID-19
considerations: Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the
most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City. What
to expect from us:BAART Programs a progressive substance abuse
treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of
patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our
ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental
aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve
long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.BAART Programs
is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to
compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit
employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural
origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status,
sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or
veterans status or any other classification protected by
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Oakland , Medical Director - Addiction Medicine, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!