Lead Product Operations Manager
Company: Marqeta, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2022
As a Product Operations Lead, you will develop and drive the
function of Product Operations to enable the Product, Engineering,
and cross-functional partner teams to efficiently deliver value to
stakeholders. You will lead the efforts for customer onboarding and
ongoing operations programs of various Disputes products, as a part
of the Global Risk Products Group inside Marqeta. The team is
looking for an innovative, experienced product operations manager
with a passion for customer needs, a desire to develop and launch
industry-leading innovative products, and an innate interest in
You will generate support content for internal and external
stakeholders to help explain the nuance of our systems and the
insights we have gained from building our systems. You will find
opportunities to use streamlined processes, metrics, better tools,
and more efficient ways of supporting product change and
influencing the roadmap. You will be at the forefront of our most
important customers ensuring a great customer experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team inside an
established company that is Marqeta. In this role, you will get a
tremendous opportunity to grow into leading the operational success
of our Disputes offerings directly interfacing with customers in NA
If you are not comfortable with a startup environment where you
need to pick up a shovel, wear the hat of the hour and get things
done, then this role is not for you. If you enjoy the lean startup
work of shipping and growing new things, this is the role for you.
Your success in this role will drive the utility of our platform
and the various customer-facing offerings on top and ensure that
fintech innovators can provide their customers with next-gen
financial products while helping chart the course for Marqeta's
next chapter of growth.
- Get the various cross-functional teams inside Marqeta, set up
for success to support our products, and ensure our products are
running effectively day in and day out. Establish, drive and
continuously improve processes that ensure our customers and
customer-facing teams are informed of and well-prepared for
- Use data and when missing, enable a data-driven decision-making
process for making decisions and improving products. Measure the
quality of the products and services and identify opportunities to
streamline recurring processes and pain points (e.g. onboarding and
setup, TTV, manual deploys, operational flows, spreadsheets that
could be replaced with queries) to make the team more efficient and
- Develop operational playbooks that define how we launch
offerings, define the stages and checklist of stakeholder + partner
- Work cross-functionally across teams to collect information
about services, offerings, and requirements, and synthesize those
insights into training material and reference
- Assess potential features and developments to make a business
case for what the team should pursue most urgently in order to
ensure that the product operates as smoothly as possible,
delighting our customers.
- Formulate capacity plans, help with budget planning, measure
and track against plans and keep the team updated regularly. Update
dashboards and metrics to communicate progress to leadership and
- Collect user feedback and triage issues to bring to product and
engineering teams; Collect internal and external feedback on
product requirements and releases to feed future development and
- As we launch products, assist delivery teams with customer
- Own and refine procedures and workflows to support customer
escalations, transaction risk management, fulfill banks and
regulatory compliance requirements, and technology
- Work hand in hand with Product, Engineering, Production
Support, Risk Ops, and external partners to troubleshoot and
resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
- BA/BS degree with 6 years of operations strategy, product
operations, or business consulting working directly with customers
or similar analytical roles that worked closely with product and
engineering teams as well as directly with customers.
- Demonstrated excellence in building trusted partnerships with
product and engineering teams, customer success, and operations
functions to drive results that delight customers.
- 3+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record
of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
as well as customers and end-users.
- You are a self-starter and can get your hands dirty, go get the
data from multiple sources, synthesize it to inform, support, and
build a narrative.
- 3+ years of experience building dashboards using visualization
tools such as Looker and any experience with CRM tools such as
Zendesk, Salesforce would be desirable.
- Data proficiency is critical, including but not limited to
being proficient with data querying, analysis tools, and
technologies (e.g. SQL, Looker, Datadog, Snowflake).
- Experience with and strong ability to formulate and present
analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical
Bonus points for
- Experience as "first of function" to shape the role.
- A huge plus for prior zero to one product development and
launch experience with your fingerprints all over.
- Experience building SaaS products.
Keywords: Marqeta, Inc., Oakland , Lead Product Operations Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!