Individual Giving Manager
Company: EAST BAY SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Oakland Adoption Center - Oakland, CA
Admin - Clerical
Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Communications,
the Individual Giving Manager supports all East Bay SPCA
fundraising projects and activities, with particular emphasis on
growing EBSPCA's Annual Fund and monthly giving programs. The
Individual Giving Manager is responsible for supporting and
developing activities to attract new donors and retain and upgrade
existing donors. The person in this position will find innovative
ways to meaningfully connect donors to our mission and clearly
articulate the impact of their gifts. The fundraiser in this
position will manage current and prospective donors who have the
capacity to make annual gifts up to $1,000 and with a mature
portfolio, will be expected to raise approximately $2 million
annually. This position is full-time exempt.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and oversee all Annual Fund Donor Relations
programs and activities, including but not limited to
gift/membership levels, benefits and recognition, personal gift
acknowledgements, and donor tours.
- Create and implement innovative ways to increase revenue per
donor and monthly giving.
- Manage and develop Annual Fund donor cultivation and
stewardship communications and activities throughout the year
including thank you notes from board members, events, affinity
groups, and promotion of Legacy Gift opportunities.
- Coordinate and schedule cultivation and stewardship meetings
with donors and leadership staff.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure strategic
timing, messaging, and brand compliance on all Development
- Collaborate with the Marketing team, direct mail vendors, and
planned giving marketers to deliver the most impactful messages and
stories to our Annual Fund donors.
- Work closely with the Database Administrator to ensure timely,
accurate production of donor and prospect lists and reports.
Accurately record and track all donor and prospect activity in
donor database (Raiser's Edge.) Generate and manage weekly
donor/prospect activity reports and oversee follow-up actions.
- Research existing Annual Fund donors to qualify individuals for
major donor and Legacy Gift opportunities. Produce confidential
donor profiles and reports for staff, board, and volunteer
- Serve as an ambassador for and central liaison between donors
and East Bay SPCA at all times.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional fundraising experience,
preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Strong experience meeting/exceeding fundraising goals and
growing Individual Giving programs.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbally an in
writing, with strong donor and community-centric orientation. Must
have ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a
wide variety of constituents.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint). Must have knowledge generating reports, performing
data entry, and managing donor lists.
- CRM database management experience desired. Knowledge of The
Raiser's Edge or other donor database/fundraising software a
- Knowledge of and experience in a business setting with email
marketing platforms such as MailChimp.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively with a
high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task and meet
deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with initiative to creatively solve problems,
improve efficiencies and exceed expectations.
- Familiarity with animal welfare is a plus.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
- Must have transportation and availability to work some nights,
early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Keywords: EAST BAY SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO , Oakland , Individual Giving Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!