Medical Director - Addiction Medicine
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Addiction Medicine opening in Oakland, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Full Time Medical Director – Addiction Medicine Opportunity-
BAART Programs is looking for a Medical Director to lead our
Medically Assisted Treatment programs. The Medical Director serves
as the Physician for several narcotic treatment programs (NTP) in
our Sun Valley, California as designated by BAART and accepted by
This individual provides patient care, medical evaluation,
establishes dosing levels, and interacts as necessary with Federal,
state, county & other regulatory bodies. The Medical Director
trains & manages subordinate physician extenders and provides MAT
services directly to patients. BAART is looking for a physician
that is looking to make a difference in our patient's lives.
Patient Care Responsibilities:
- Planning and supervising provision of treatment for patients
(including regular review and notes in the patient's record)
according to established CSAT and state guidelines with a strong
emphasis on quality & customer service.
- Signs patient record notes
- Oversees patient care provided by physician extender, signs
charts, dosing levels, etc., when applicable
- Admitting Patients for Methadone and Buprenorphine
- Oversight of any patient site emergencies
- Physician will obtain a history and physical exam.
- Examination results to meet Federal and state guidelines and
refers patient for care elsewhere when indicated (including
appropriate follow up)
Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Initiates, alters and terminates replacement narcotic therapy
medications following strict protocols meeting the approval of
Federal & state guidelines as well as current medical literature
for patient care.
- Supervises the administration and dispensing of
- Confers with patient's private physician as needed.
- Examines staff after on-the-job accidents or injuries as
- Serves as a clinic in-service resource.
- Provides patient education specific to various disease
processes within our scope of practice.
- Oversees the continuum of care process for patients.
- Maintains strict patient, employee, company and computer
- Board Certified or Eligible in Addiction Medicine
- Board Certified in a residency required.
- Current California license and X-waiver DEA license.
- Ability to prescribe methadone & buprenorphine.
- Have completed the 8 hour buprenorphine training. (Can complete
- At least 2 year experience in Addiction Medicine.
- Must be able to sign off on NP/PA charts.
- Satisfactory drug screen and background check.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent
COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
BAART Programs a progressive substance abuse treatment organization
is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a
comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to
address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use
disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery
and an improved quality of life.
BAART Programs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that
prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color,
age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy,
marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic
disposition, disability or veteran's status or any other
classification protected by State/Federal laws
Keyphrases: addiction medicine jobs, addiction rehabilitation jobs,
addiction therapist jobs, addiction therapy jobs, addiction
psychiatrist jobs, addiction treatment jobs, substance abuse
treatment jobs, substance abuse rehabilitation jobs, substance
abuse intervention jobs, juvenile substance abuse jobs
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Oakland , Medical Director - Addiction Medicine, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!