Senior Product Manager, Product Platform
Company: Marqeta, Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Marqeta platform is built by developers for developers! We
enable payment authorization decisioning, cardholder data security,
instant card issuing, in-app provisioning directly to digital
wallets, and real-time funding with our exclusive Just-in-Time
Within Marqeta, the Product Platform team is responsible for
facilitating and driving technical innovation, providing product
infrastructure vision, participating in providing technical
alignment across product engineering teams, evangelizing
organization-wide application development best practices as well as
the design, development, and implementation of internal tools and
You will work in close collaboration with the product platform
engineering team and will liaise with customer-facing product
managers to help them understand the present and future
capabilities of our technical infrastructure and architecture. You
will also anticipate needs they will have from our infrastructure
to help deliver upon their product roadmaps in the future. You will
be responsible for defining and executing product roadmaps and
launches, defining success and measuring the result of your
decisions. In addition to being on the cutting edge of a product
and industry that is growing at a rapid rate, you'll be responsible
for working with the product team in establishing short- and
long-term goals for our product infrastructure team by building
features and tools based on data collected from customers,
prospects, the market & the competition.
- Partner with a dedicated engineering lead to define
technological design and scope including architecture, APIs, data
models, migrations and integrations.
- Influence and inspire a cross-functional team to reach
- Evangelize adoption of shared infrastructure across product
management and engineering organizations.
- Investigate complex problems and design simple solutions for
- Question assumptions, validate hypotheses, and define and
measure key metrics for success.
- Obsess over getting the product details correct, and ship on
- Writing and consulting on specs, managing design challenges,
and taking the lead for promoting interoperability and
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through
various launch phases and follow-on releases
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager working on shipping
technically complex Infrastructure and/or platforms
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience working directly with engineering teams with a clear
understanding of their tradeoffs.
- Deep customer empathy and experience shaping product direction
- We are a fast growing company, things are going to happen. Be a
pragmatic optimist, and find the solution.
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new
technologies, APIs, programming languages, and databases
- Define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable
- Drive for results cross-functionally and influence others
within the company
- Cross-organizational relationship builder.
- Clear communicator, active listener.
- Relentlessly resourceful, ruthless prioritizer.
- Intellectually curious, efficient executor.
- You have a bias towards action.
Bonus points for
- Experience building infrastructure, APIs, tooling within a
- STEM degree that includes experience as a software
- Experience building SaaS platform services
- Understanding of data models and effective data
- Quantitative and analytical skills with willingness to dive
deep and interpret complex data
Keywords: Marqeta, Inc., Oakland , Senior Product Manager, Product Platform, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!