GARE Online Community Manager
Company: Race Forward
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Title: GARE Online Community ManagerReports to: GARE Director of
Online CommunityFLSA Status: ExemptSalary Range: $80,728 -
$90,819Location: Remote Tentative Start Date: As soon as
possible.About Race Forward Race Forward's mission is to catalyze
movement building for racial justice. In partnership with
communities, organizations, and sectors, we build strategies to
advance racial justice in our policies, institutions, and culture.
Race Forward imagines a just, multiracial democratic society free
from oppression and exploitation, in which people of color thrive
with power and purpose. Since 1981, Race Forward has brought a
systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues
to help people take effective action toward racial equity. In 2017
Race Forward united with the Center for Social Inclusion to become
the new Race Forward. About GAREThe Government Alliance on Race and
Equity (GARE) is a national network of local, regional and state
government jurisdictions. Racial equity practitioners within member
jurisdictions design and implement strategies that serve to advance
a more racially just and equitable society. Specifically, GARE
fosters critical connections among racial equity leaders and
practitioners in order to develop and share skills, lessons and
approaches to strengthen racial equity policies, practices and
cultural strategies within jurisdictionsPosition Summary The GARE
Online Community Manager manages the 8000 + growing online
community of racial equity practitioners within the GARE Network.
This position ensures that community users are connected to
resources and to one another and can leverage the collective
knowledge within the network. They work closely with a network
engagement team to implement overarching engagement strategies and
identify opportunities for collaboration across the program guided
by the questions, discussions and contributions of community users.
They provide material support to groups of users looking to
establish working groups and discussion spaces. The Online
Community Manager also identifies and solves problems, assisting
with overall platform design and development of processes and
protocols in partnership with the Online Community Director.Duties
and ResponsibilitiesWorks under the direction of the GARE Director
of Online Community to:
- Manage all aspects of the GARE Network Portal on the Higher
Logic online community platform, including discussion forums,
social features and resource libraries.
- Moderate discussions, provide research assistance and resources
to members while encouraging peer support and community
- Design and deploy campaigns designed to foster participation
within the online community, creating automation and
personalization rules to encourage users to join new groups and
complete their user profiles
- Provide material support to subject area working groups,
discussion spaces and other member-led network spaces.
- Elevate topics and discussions that are trending to inform the
- Identify and curate member-created content that can be
aggregated into resource guides and libraries.
- Establish strong partnerships with internal and external
stakeholders, including leading regular meetings with
cross-departmental groups within Race Forward, onboarding users and
making presentations at network events.
- Provide community research support to inform content and
network connections to disseminate content (tools, issue papers,
resource guides) developed by GARE Transformative Strategies team
and other partners, providing a perspective grounded in the online
community of practice.
- Conceptualize, test, deliver and iterate product enhancements
that improve user experience while balancing stakeholder needs,
organizational strategic direction, privacy and regulatory
considerations, and long-term operational goals.
- Collaborate with Operations Data Manager to build reporting
systems, dashboards and metrics that demonstrate impact to internal
and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Director of Narrative and Communications and
Membership Coordinator to coordinate and standardize marketing,
onboarding, and other messaging.Knowledge Skills and AbilitiesTo
perform successfully in this role, incumbent should possess skills
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice
- Strong ability to work closely with others in a small
organization with a team-building culture
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative
working relationships with other staff and online community users.
Must also be able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities and multiple
- Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines while
making sound decisions, and to accommodate shifting
- Strong organizational skills and ability to synthesize
information, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Experience with user or experience-centered design
- Strong research and information retrieval skills
- Ability to synthesize information and create reports that
support evaluation and drive decision-making
- Fluency with MS Office systems, including Word and Excel
- Experience with online community platforms, like Higher
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, like Elevate
- Familiarity with Salesforce or equivalent CRM
- Knowledgeable and highly able to work with online technologies
and enthusiasm to work as part of a fully-remote team.
- Strong relationship-building skills and able to authentically
convey a sociable, caring, engaging, and approachable affect in
order to build meaningful relationships with members on behalf of
the organization.Qualifications and Experience
- Three to five years of project management / information
- 3+ years of experience managing online communities, preferably
for social impact networks, non-profits, or associations.
Experience with Higher Logic a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public
relations, information management, or related fields or equivalent
experience.Additional Information This position requires long
periods of time at a desk on a computer, up to 8 hours daily. How
to Apply To apply for this position, please click the link below.
To ensure full consideration, please be sure to include both a
cover letter and resume with your application.
https://raceforward.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ EEO Statement Race
Forward provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Race Forward, Oakland , GARE Online Community Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!