Company: Dreisbach Enterprises
Posted on: November 22, 2022
With almost 400 employees, Dreisbach operates three refrigerated
facilities in the East Bay. We value safety and are seeking a
talented safety professional to join our team. In this fast-paced
role, you will:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local
legislation and codes governing employee health and safety.
- Develop, implement and manage safety compliance programs and
procedures (and performs related training) which include Hazard
Communication, Lockout/Tag-out, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hearing
Conservation, Warehouse Safety, First Aid & CPR, Personal
Protective Equipment, Respiratory Protection, Machine Guarding,
Warehouse Equipment, Fall Protection, and Emergency Planning.
- Inspect facilities to detect potential accidents and health
hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures, and follow
up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Ensures work hazard analysis is completed for each
- Analyze accident information, identify trends and key problem
areas, and communicate to site leadership.
- Provide managers/supervisors the necessary training to obtain
detailed descriptions, corrective actions, and follow through to
ensure corrective actions are implemented related to accidents,
near misses, injuries, or property damage.
- Ensure personnel training certification and corrective action
follow-up is completed and documented.
- Conduct meetings in order to assess and inform team members of
safety policies and procedures and to address any safety/quality
- Conduct new hire safety orientations ensuring all employees
have a good understanding of safety within the facilities.
- Conduct regular safety audits, identify and evaluate hazards in
the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate risk
and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain proper paperwork in accordance with established
policies and procedures including maintaining various logs,
binders, and other record-keeping systems.
- Monitor warehouse safety supplies and other items necessary for
the safety program.
- Work with internal and external customers on the safety program
and with daily operations to resolve issues within the facility and
- Ensure that all team members follow safety practices during
- Comply with CalOSHA, OSHA, PSM, and company policies.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in managing safety-related
- Hold a recognized safety designation such as CSP, ASP, OSHT or
- Solid knowledge of CalOSHA and OSHA standards and applications
of industry codes
- Effective hands-on management skills with the capability of
resolving organizational, training, communication, and
interpersonal problems that may arise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the
ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral
and written form
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle
pressure while managing multiple tasks
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make decisions and
be process and results-driven
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
- Prior pallet jack and/or forklift operation experience is
- Strong computer/data entry skills including Microsoft Office
Keywords: Dreisbach Enterprises, Oakland , Safety Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!