Director of Property Management
Company: THE JWILLIAMS STAFFING
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Are you a strong leader in the property management industry
looking to join a team with an exciting work culture comprised of
experts in their field? Our client, a non-profit community
development organization, is seeking an experienced Director of
Property Management to join their team. This is an excellent
opportunity to join a team that builds diverse, vibrant, and safe
affordable housing communities throughout Oakland and the East Bay.
Apply today for immediate consideration!Position PurposeUnder the
Executive Vice President of Portfolio Operation, the Director of
Property Management has primary responsibility for managing 1,500+
apartments in 30 properties in Oakland, Emeryville, Richmond and
San Pablo including over 800 apartments under contract management
by other companies. They will be responsible for organization-wide
leadership and decision-making, ensuring the properties reach
occupancy, financial, and resident-satisfaction goals.Strategic
- Ensures that all properties in the portfolio meet the company's
occupancy and financial goals, and its high standards for quality,
safe, sanitary and affordable housing.
- Planning and budgeting for the department's corporate budget
and for the budgets of all residential properties in the
- Supervises a team of seven including operations manager,
property supervisors, and compliance manager and indirectly manages
60+ property management, maintenance and custodial staff.
- Actively participate with real estate development department in
developing new properties.
- Manages fiscal, policy, tenant, personnel and safety issues in
accordance with legal, investor, lender and company
- Oversee the Property Supervisors in negotiation and management
of service, vendor and other contracts
- Implementing comprehensive performance measurement and outcomes
- Increasing operational efficiency.
- Building teamwork and systems while demonstrating leadership
competencies, including but not limited to accountability,
resiliency, strategic thinking, partnership, and conflict
- Working effectively with other departments, board members, and
the company's partners, residents, and community organizations.
-Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 7+ years of progressively responsible residential property
management experience; 5+ years of experience in affordable
housing; 5+ years of experience supervising staff
- Experience managing annual operating budgets of $1 million or
more; strong financial management skills
- Current Real Estate Broker's License; or must obtain license
within one year
- Strong management skills, sound judgment, dependability,
analytical-thinker, and ability to respond appropriately under
pressureSubmit your resume TODAY for
Staffing, Inc. An Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Disability/Veterans.Qualified applicants with criminal
histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to
local Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: THE JWILLIAMS STAFFING, Oakland , Director of Property Management, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!