Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Summary Alameda Health System offers outstanding benefits that
- 100% employer health plan for employees and their eligible
- Unique benefit offerings that are partially or 100% employer
- Rich and varied retirement plans and the ability to participate
in multiple plans.
- Generous paid time off plans
Role Overview: Alameda Health System is hiring! The Practice
Manager will be responsible for managing the Orthopedics Clinic. -
We care for injuries and diseases of the bones, joints, ligaments,
tendons, muscles, and nerves. We use tools like X-ray and MRI for
diagnosis. We then work with patients on a treatment plan to help
with health and function. Our foot and ankle experts help patients
recover after an accident or cope with ongoing conditions. If
patients need surgery, physical therapy, or diabetic care for your
feet, we can help. - This unit has a strong educational component
for developing providers. - The position holds 2 workspaces, one at
Highland Hospital and the other at Marina Wellness and Surgical
Associates. - DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following
are the duties performed by employees in this classification,
however, employees may perform other related duties at an
equivalent level. - Not all duties listed are necessarily performed
by everyone in the classification.
Plans, organizes and manages the operations and activities of one
or more health clinics or health programs, ensuring a strategy for
future grown in alignment with the AHS vision, mission and
strategic plan; provides financial and management expertise to
ensure that all patients receive high quality, affordable and
efficient care; responsible for the day to day activities related
to access, efficiency, productivity, service experience,
scheduling, billing, provider communication and quality
- Monitors expenditures and service revenues; assists in
maintaining budgetary control and meet budgeted productivity
targets; develops data collection systems and prepares regular
statistical and progress reports.
- Manages the flow of the operations -to ensure compliance,
efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
- Makes regular rounds to units to evaluate status of patient
care, operation and environment of the units and staff needs;
evaluates progress of assigned areas and plans, implements, and
evaluates programs to meet current and anticipated needs.
- Manages revenue cycle components related to clinic operations
to include charge reconciliation for providers and facility to meet
budget targets; presents monthly revenue reports to key staff.
- Addresses issues raised by providers, staff, patients, and
other internal/external customers using LEAN and performance
improvement principles; builds a culture of trust and collective
- Gathers and analyzes information to determine new and ongoing
resource needs; determines objectives and formulates procedures and
protocols; monitors progress toward objectives; participates in the
development and implementation of policies, and priorities;
monitors availability and use of reference manual content.
- Directs, supervises, and coaches staff daily; ensures that all
staff are operating to the top of their license and providing
high-value care to patients; develops, implements, and audits
standard work throughout all units.
- Regularly evaluates staff performance and maintains a culture
of accountability; addresses any performance issues as needed.
- Meets with the medical director (dyad partner) to review clinic
performance and develop action plans to improve performance.
- Promotes patient and staff satisfaction; regularly evaluates
satisfaction survey results and addresses areas of improvement
- Responsible for hiring, ensuring adequate staffing and ongoing
timely performance evaluations and employees' professional growth;
ensures that staff understands roles and responsibilities and
maintain high performance standards.
Required Education: -High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred
Education: -Bachelor's -degree in Health Administration, Public
Health, Business, or related field. Required Experience: Five years
of general supervisory experience with increasing responsibility in
healthcare operations. Highland General Hospital
FQHC HGH Ortho Pad
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Practice Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!