Director of Operations, Marine Terminal (S 3002)
Company: Shey-Harding Executive Search
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Director of Operations, Marine Terminal (S 3002) Apply Location
Type Direct Hire ID S 3002 Posted Mar 16, 2023 Summary: The
Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing and directing
the terminal's operations management team in a manner that supports
Company initiatives and objectives. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare annual operations budgets and administer
- Develop and implement metrics and KPIs to assess performance in
relation to company objectives and stated goals.
- Develop and implement operation policies, procedures and
controls designed at achieving company objective and stated goals
and ensure compliance.
- Analyze and identify optimization opportunities and implement
new processes, procedures, and methods to ensure continual
- Outline management initiatives, communicate and reinforce
direction with team members.
- Provide leadership, motivate and manage team in a manner that
maximizes efficiency while maintaining a safe work
- Develop and maintain professional relations with all internal
and external stakeholders. Location: Oakland, CAEducational R
equirements : BS/BA degree in Marine Administration,
Transportation, Operations Management, Engineering, or equivalent
managerial experience Experience Requirements: Minimum 5 years'
marine terminal operations experience in a leadership role, Must
have the following:
- Availability to work varied hours, shifts and days.
- Experience in managing related union labor.
- Experience with computerized operating systems
- Knowledge of safety and accident prevention codes and
- Knowledge and understanding of cargo stowage and stability
- Ability to manage a large, complex, and diverse workforce in a
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to respond quickly and
effectively to operational issues.
- Ability to plan and organize projects in a fast-paced
- Accountability for safe and efficient operation, together with
the ability to maintain a positive working relationship with union
labor and staff. Compensation & Benefits: Base salary $130-160K
range, depending on experience. Bonus target is 25%.Other:
Additional information available upon request. Enter email address
to receive occasional updates and new job opportunities.
Keywords: Shey-Harding Executive Search, Oakland , Director of Operations, Marine Terminal (S 3002), Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...