Vegetation Management Inspector - Mission Division
Company: ACRT Pacific, LLC
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Vegetation Management Inspector - Mission Division page is
loaded Vegetation Management Inspector - Mission Division Apply
locations Oakland, CA time type Full time posted on Posted 6 Days
Ago job requisition id R5089 We empower the best people to help
sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence
guaranteed.Company:ACRT Pacific, LLC.Description:Enjoy working
outdoors? Would you like to gain some experience in Forestry? ACRT
Pacific is currently seeking energetic entry-level professionals
who enjoy working outdoors. This is a full-time opportunity for
individuals who are looking to gain some Forestry experience. Our
Vegetation Management Inspectors are ideal for professionals with
an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture,
biology, environmental studies, conservation, or related
disciplines and who would like to gain experience in these fields
and line of work.Contingent at the approval of our clients, our
Vegetation Management Inspectors patrol for hazard trees, perform
identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along
utility lines. They also assist in the submitting inspection
results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and
coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss
and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison
between clients, tree crews, and client customers.Note: This
position is designated as a safety-sensitive role.Duties &
- The VMI must perform circuit patrols in accordance with the
annual VM plan, VM patrol standards and processes.
- The VMI shall identify required tree work along the existing
PG&E rights-of- way; prescribing tree work to be performed;
- The VMI shall understand the associated scope and ensure their
inspection is meeting the applicable standard.
- The VMI will notify property owners/agencies when tree work
will occur and will obtain any necessary authorizations from the
property owners/agencies to perform the tree work.
- The VMI may act as the VM contact for new business and
re-construction work requested by the energy delivery
- The VMI may perform work verification inspections, verifying
applicable inspection and tree work completion and quality.
- The VMI may perform investigation and documentation of
tree-related outages and attend outage meetings as requested.
- The VMI may be assigned a variety of VM tags. When assigned
perform tracking, field checking, prescribing of work, and
notifying of customers associated with non-routine locations. These
locations may come from Electric Corrective
- (EC/LC) notifications, Gas OCW notifications, Customer Care &
Billing (CC&B) cases, or as assigned. The VMI will need to
assist in close out CC&B cases in the field after fielding the
- The VMI may support emergency response such as directed by OEC,
or level one operations, such as dispatching tree crews, field
checking sites, first responder and-by agreements.
- The VMI shall independently complete tasks assigned by the
- The VMI shall support oversight of vegetation projects,
including field operations such as tree assessment, tree trimming,
and other work as required.
- The VMI shall participate in Contractor safety and tailboard
- The VMI shall act as a customer relations representative on
behalf of PG&E.
- The VMI shall provide support and coordination between
contractors, communities, agencies, first responders, and all other
PG&E workgroups and stakeholders that may be involved in the
successful completion of the vegetation project.
- The VMI shall ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
which may include, but are not limited to: Annual permits,
Encroachment permits, Traffic Control Plans, railroad permits,
Caltrans permits, and environmental protection measures as
documented on Environmental Release to Construction.
- The VMI shall be proficient in electronic devices and
documentation proficiency. As assigned, completes electronic and
paper- based documentation and reporting.Basic Responsibility:
- Patrolling distribution or transmission circuits and prescribe
work to be performed by PG&E's tree contractor, ensuring that
the clearances prescribed will maintain compliance for a minimum of
one calendar year.
- Determining when the next trim is required and whether a trim
or removal is necessary, assessing all trees with the potential to
strike PG&E facilities for failure likelihood and hazards.
- Patrolling, identifying, and prescribing required tree pruning
and tree/brush removal work needed to facilitate completion of
electric compliance tags such as 540 tags to meet all regulatory
requirements and/or to PG&E Vegetation Management standards and
procedures. Notifying property owners of tree pruning and
tree/brush removal work to be performed relating to this
specification, mapping circuits using PG&E continuity
- Managing EC notifications and cases, performing outage
investigations and, when necessary, obtaining permits from public
agencies, and documenting work in the VMDSR (or other PG&E
assigned databases) using a hand-held computer or an iOS compatible
- The VMI shall be required to use computers and associated
software, enter data into and process data from hand-held devices,
- The VMI shall perform all necessary duties for emergency
response in accordance with all safety requirements, laws and
regulations, and applicable labor agreements or an iOS compatible
mobile device as directed by the supervisor.
- The VMI shall maintain direct contact with PG&E division
personnel, public agencies, and customers as directed by the
- Knows and exemplifies ACRT's Guiding Principles.
- Other duties as required.Equipment, Environmental and Safety
- Driving cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment
- Walking on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity, or wetness
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, and chemicals
- P rolong periods of time sitting
- Various forestry-related equipment, including but not limited
to clinometer, range finder, logger's tape, DBH tape and other
safety-related equipment such as hard hat, safety vest, safety
glasses, etc.Qualifications:Must meet the general requirements
- High school diploma or GED AND
- Required to maintain a Class C driver's license AND must meet
one of the experience levels below:Experience / Education
Requirements (must meet one):
- One (1) year of related arboricultural experience, OR
- ISA Certified Arborist, OR
- 2-year or 4-year college degree in a related field AND
- Approval by PG&E RepresentativeYou must reside within 50
miles of (Oakland). Required Skills:
- Ability to identify local trees and knowledge of growth
- Ability to learn and use company- or job-specific software
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
- Ability to read and follow maps.
- Accountability: accepts personal responsibility for quality and
timeliness of work.
- Accuracy and work quality, performs work completely, correctly,
and in a professional manner.
- Adaptability and flexibility: meets the changing conditions and
situations in work responsibilities.
- Communications: possesses strong verbal and written
communication skills and can present ideas in formal and informal
- Creativity: possesses ability to develop and present new ideas
and better ways of doing things.
- Dependability: is reliable and has the ability to do required
- Drive and achievement orientation sets challenging goals for
self and willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis
- Independence: possesses the ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal skills: builds constructive and effective
- Job knowledge: possesses sufficient skill and knowledge to
perform all aspects of the job.
- Positive attitude: displays optimism about the work to be done
and demonstrates a positive attitude towards customers, peers, and
- Quantity of work generates adequate amounts of work based on
the job requirements.
- Work comparability: performs work that is comparable to other
employees with the same length of service in the same
position.Position Title: Vegetation Management InspectorAlternate
Title: VMIPosition Reports to: Operations ManagerDivision:
OperationsDepartment: OperationsCompensation: $36.48-$38.74 an hour
DOEFLSA: Non-ExemptBargaining Role: YesSalary Range DisclaimerThe
base salary range represents the low and high end of the Pacific
salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending
on factors including but not limited to -customer contact terms,
-location, experience, and performance. Other rewards may include
Paid Time Off, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match,
ESOP contributions, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and
other region-specific benefits as eligible. - Salary Range
Transparency For applicants residing in -CA , the salary range for
this role is from $ 36.48 -to $ 38.74. #LI-ACRT Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Similar Jobs (1) Vegetation Management Inspector - East Bay
Division locations Oakland, CA time type Full time posted on Posted
6 Days Ago Welcome From coast to coast and everywhere in between,
ACRT Services and its family of companies is looking to hire the
industry's best talent. We're looking for independent, self-driven
people who turn challenges into solutions. People who want to use
their careers to help utilities keep their customers in power.
People who want to help us sustain our world. If that's you, then
we want to talk. Explore our open positions now, and start a career
that can make a difference for others nationwide.Welcome to your
candidate portal! Please review your application(s) below. If an
orange exclamation mark is next to any application, you may have
pending tasks that need to be completed. - About Us ACRT Services
offers expert independent consulting solutions to utilities and
associated organizations throughout the United States, including
vegetation management consulting, arborist training, customized
safety courses, technology solutions, utility metering services,
and more. As an employee-owned company, ACRT Services always has
been and always will be about one thing: people. It's about our
employees, our customers, and the communities our customers serve.
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. Join our
family of brands: Bermex, ACRT Pacific, ACRT, and ACRT Services.
People First Culture ACRT Services and our family of companies are
fully committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity
and affirmative action. We seek to hire and empower the best
people, providing exceptional service no matter where and when duty
calls. We also believe in our people and invest in them through
continuing education and believe in a positive, active workplace
culture. If you require reasonable accommodations for any part of
the application or hiring process due to disability, you may submit
your request by calling 800.622.2562. For additional details please
use the link provided below. careers.acrt.com/careers/job-listings
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: ACRT Pacific, LLC, Oakland , Vegetation Management Inspector - Mission Division, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...