USCG Availability Project Manager
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Versar is seeking an Availability Project Manager to support the
United States Coast Guard Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC)
Icebreaker, Buoy and Construction Tender Product Line (IBCTPL). The
primary work location is Oakland, CA. Some travel is required.
- Provide fleet-wide sustainment support for IBCTPL assets to
include maintenance, engineering and logistics support for engine
overhauls, planned/unplanned projects, and other miscellaneous
maintenance and repair projects.
- Perform project management functions for assigned ship
maintenance project planning to include, but not limited to, review
of pending work requirements, compilation of maintenance
requirement specifications for availabilities, milestone planning,
preparation of government estimates, development of statements of
work, purchase descriptions, repair descriptions, purchase
requests, identification of parts/services required, research of
government furnished equipment requirements, and project
monitoring. Tasks involve use of Fleet Logistics System (FLS) and
Contract Workbook Database (CWD) but may at times include other
database applications as determined by the Government.
- Perform market research and conduct supply research to obtain
pricing information and prepare purchase request documents to
procure commercial spare parts, technical items, and all other
necessary supplies and services for planned ship repairs and
casualty response activities.
- Provide technical review of condition found reports,
maintenance standards as well as preventative and corrective
maintenance practices. Provide recommended changes to maintenance
practices to increase the reliability of cutters.
- Provide engineering guidance and recommendations to product
- Perform project milestone maintenance and closeout functions as
well as periodic review/update of assigned ship maintenance
- Perform all necessary administrative and technical actions to
initiate and track ship repairs.
- Conduct research to determine cost drivers and operational
degraders. Use FLS or other resources to provide data on a
recurring or on-demand basis.
- Provide responsive and courteous customer service to all CG
- Develop deliverables using the Coast Guard Standard
Workstations or contractor computer with CG compatible
- Attend and actively participate in meetings as
applicable/assigned by the Contracting Officer Representative
- Prepare and deliver documentation to COR for review and/or
- Must have a minimum of Five (5) years' experience in USCG Naval
Engineering maintenance practices and procedures as defined in the
USCG Naval Engineering Manual.
- Must have a minimum of Five (5) years' experience in ship/boat
maintenance to include drydocking procedures.
- Must have a minimum of Five (5) years' experience Project
- Must have a minimum of Five (5) years' experience conducting
maintenance assessments on ships/boats to identify required repairs
and prioritize maintenance requirements.
- Must have a minimum of Five (5) years' experience in
specification or technical procedure development.
- Must have a working knowledge of principles, practices and
techniques of ship repair, non- destructive testing and other
principles, practices, and techniques unique to the marine
industry, including general working knowledge in the
- General Marine Engineering
- General Marine Electrical Systems
- General Marine Auxiliary Systems
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial, military, safety
and engineering standards.
- Must have experience working with Coast Guard instructions,
ship repair standards policies, procedures, and processes.
- Must have experience working with the Federal Acquisition
Regulations (from the perspective of either developing or
contracting requirements) about small purchases and contracts and
its applicability to ship repair contact and purchases.
- Must have the ability to review, maintain and update ship
maintenance records and casualty databases.
- Must have ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics,
technical publications, and directives.
- Must have a subject matter expertise in FLS and CWD processing
and other CG Logistics Support databases and accomplish project
entry as required.
- Must understand Coast Guard organization and vessels.
Keywords: Versar, Oakland , USCG Availability Project Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...