Company: Alameda Health System
Posted on: May 18, 2023
Alameda Health System offers outstanding benefits that include:
- 100% employer health plan for employees and their eligible
- Unique benefit offerings that are partially or 100% employer
- Rich and varied retirement plans and the ability to participate
in multiple plans.
- Generous paid time off plans
Alameda Health System is hiring! The K6 Practice Manager manages
the overall operations of one or more health clinics, medical
practices, or programs.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:NOTE:The following are the duties
performed by employees in this classification, however, employees
may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all
duties listed are necessarily performed by everyone in the
- Plans, organizes, and manages the operations and activities of
one or more health clinics or health programs, ensuring a strategy
for future grown in alignment with the AHS vision, mission and
strategic plan; provides financial and management expertise to
ensure that all patients receive high quality, affordable and
efficient care; responsible for the day-to-day activities related
to access, efficiency, productivity, service experience,
scheduling, billing, provider communication and quality
- Monitors expenditures and service revenues; assists in
maintaining budgetary control and meet budgeted productivity
targets; develops data collection systems and prepares regular
statistical and progress reports.
- Manages the flow of the operations to ensure compliance,
efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
- Makes regular rounds to units to evaluate status of patient
care, operation and environment of the units and staff needs;
evaluates progress of assigned areas and plans, implements, and
evaluates programs to meet current and anticipated needs.
- Manages revenue cycle components related to clinic operations
to include charge reconciliation for providers and facility to meet
budget targets; presents monthly revenue reports to key staff.
- Address issues raised by providers, staff, patients, and other
internal/external customers using LEAN and performance improvement
principles; builds a culture of trust and collective
- Gathers and analyzes information to determine new and ongoing
resource needs; determines objectives and formulates procedures and
protocols; monitors progress toward objectives; participates in the
development and implementation of policies, and priorities;
monitors availability and use of reference manual content.
- Directs, supervises, and coaches staff daily; ensures that all
staff are operating to the top of their license and providing
high-value care to patients; develops, implements and audits
standard work throughout all units.
- Regularly evaluates staff performance and maintains a culture
of accountability; addresses any performance issues as needed.
- Meets with the medical director (dyad partner) to review clinic
performance and develop action plans to improve performance.
- Promotes patient and staff satisfaction; regularly evaluates
satisfaction survey results and addresses areas of improvement
- Responsible for hiring, ensuring adequate staffing and ongoing
timely performance evaluations and employees' professional growth;
ensures that staff understands roles and responsibilities and
maintain high performance standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in Health
Administration, Public Health, Business, or related field.
- Required Experience: Five years of general supervisory
experience with increasing responsibility in healthcare
Highland General Hospital
FQ Adult Medicine Clinic (K6)
Keywords: Alameda Health System, Oakland , Practice Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...