Regional Human Resources Manager
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Looking for a place to expand your Human Resources (HR) career as part of a team that supports global professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec has an opportunity available for a Regional HR Manager who may be based in Oakland or San Diego, CA, or Denver, CO. The role serves as a consultant to management on HR related issues, and as an employee champion & change agent to assess and anticipate HR-related needs; communicates proactively with the HR team and business management and develops integrated solutions; formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added services that reflect the firm's business goals; and maintains an effective level of business literacy about the region's and firm's financial position, its culture and its competition.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Regional HR Manager position include the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies;
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; and serve as the expert for regional legal requirements; partner with internal and external legal counsel as needed/required;
* Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.), including conducting internal investigations;
* Advise managers about steps in progressive discipline system and counsels on employment issues;
* Provide guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning;
* Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success; follow up to ensure training objectives are met; and
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant labor regulations, legislation, and ordinances.
* Implement compensation program including job evaluation/analyses; performance appraisal/management; and salary increase programs for assigned region;
* Conduct position classification studies; update and refine performance management tools and job descriptions to align with strategic goals;
* Conduct research, analyze data, and prepare and present recommendations and reports requiring a broad understanding of compensation techniques, methods, practices and regulations;
* Consult with and advise management regarding market trends, job classifications, and compensation programs, policies, and guidelines; and provide related training programs;
* Participate in and analyze total rewards surveys; and develop recommendations based on results; and
* Ensure Total Compensation Reports and Reward/Recognition programs are well communicated and administered, including developing and conducting training.
* Develop and implement training sessions related to soft skills and other HR functions;
* Participate in developing department goals, objectives, systems and budget;
* Develop and document procedures related to areas of responsibility;
* Keep current with technical competencies to support department goals;
* Prepare ad-hoc reports and manage and implement special projects as needed;
* Manage and develop direct reporting staff; and mentor HR staff as appropriate; and
* Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
* BS/BA degree and at least 7 years of progressive professional experience in HR; or MS degree with at least 5 years of experience; or over 10 years of relevant experience supplemented by coursework in HR; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. (required)
* HR Industry certification (i.e. PHR, SHRM-CP). (preferred)
* Experience working in an engineering consulting or similar industry. (strongly preferred)
* Extensive knowledge of compensation related issues, current HR processes, practices, California and Western state employment laws and industry trends. (required)
* Advanced knowledge of business systems and Microsoft Business tools including HR management software package or equivalent database system. (required)
* Ability to efficiently and effectively manage individual and subordinate workload including ability to independently prioritize and deal with tight timeframes and conflicting demands.
* Familiarity with project management concepts and applications; and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. (required)
* Ability to effectively work on and/or lead teams. (required)
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos, correspondence, and office procedures. (required)
* Ability to write correspondence, pull routine reports, create basic spreadsheets by following procedures and conforming to prescribed style and format. (required)
* Ability to work effectively and confidentially with both employees and managers. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and outstanding oral and written communication skills, allowing for positive internal and client relationships, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: REGIO01808
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Oakland , Regional Human Resources Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!