Company: Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a
comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more.
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction, in Oakland, CA, is seeking a
Preconstruction Manager to join our team! This role will perform
functions as the Director of the Preconstruction department acting
on behalf of Balfour Beatty, the client and design team. Aligns
with Operations Business Unit Leaders to deliver quality end-to-end
Preconstruction services across the Oakland team. Demonstrates an
exceptional ability to effectively manage, lead and conduct
Preconstruction services issues with clients, architects,
engineers, consultants and contractors.
* Manages functions of Preconstruction staff in interpreting
project documents to prepare clear, complete and competitive
estimates, general conditions, and bid packages.
* Informs preconstruction staff of project requirements and owner
directives, and develops a plan to meet stated goals.
* Manages multiple projects concurrently.
* Participates in identifying qualified subcontractors, and
establishing and maintaining bid solicitation lists.
* Attends all preconstruction meetings with the design team and
client on behalf of Balfour Beatty.
* Fills in design gaps with assumptions that align with the
architectural intent of the project.
* Responsible for tracking and mitigating overages in project
budgets through a well documented Value Engineering process.
* Prepares project clarifications and bid assumptions for
submission to Owner.
* Composes and issues project-related correspondence to architects,
consultants, the client and the Balfour Beatty team.
* Prepares estimate deliverables and presentation books for clients
during various stages of the Preconstruction process.
* Responsible for the audit-trail with adequate documentation for
all communication and estimates presented to clients.
* Investigates local market conditions and their effect on costs
* Analyzes bids received and conducts post-bid interviews in
conjunction with Operations personnel.
* Acts as Preconstruction liaison for the Operation team during the
preconstruction and construction phase.
* Verifies and validates change order process after the Guaranteed
Maximum Price has been established.
* Provides Cost Estimates of Preconstruction services for
* Participates in formal business development presentations to
demonstrate the value of preconstruction services to potential
* Coordinates with business development staff to ensure that
prepared proposals accurately reflect the Balfour Beatty
Construction preconstruction process.
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team,
subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support
company core values.
* Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or
equivalent progressive work experience with 10 + years of
preconstruction and/or operations experience on commercial
construction projects. Depending upon the project size, scope, and
complexity the years of experience may vary.
* Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating
software (e.g. On Screen Takeoff, Desiniti), word process, spread
sheets, bid management, online plan rooms (e.g. Building Connected,
Smartbidnet), database applications, job management systems (e.g.
Constructware, Kahua) and company communication tools, such as
email, internet and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office,
* Local market operations or preconstruction experience,
* Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written
* Able to make decisions under tight deadlines.
* Able to organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage
multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
* Able to relate to executive management and speak on behalf of the
company in meetings with clients and consultants, often in high
* Demonstrated leadership skills with ability and willingness to
face challenges, direct others, and effectively address
* Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related
processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to
make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general
contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build
services for public and private sector clients across the nation.
Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build
the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important
role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities.
Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is
fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices
and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through
Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s
assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should
come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building
contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a
subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the
value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any
other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Construction Inc, Oakland , Preconstruction Director, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!